• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Bloke from Australia

tommys2patrick

awesome to know, yep everything stills on her brake wise, the previous owners told me one brake was leaking., so dunno will know more soon. whos ghe bedt to get rebuild kits from?
I have seen various parts for it on e bay and bought some myself. Leaking brake wheel cylinders is relatively common(at the wheel). rebuild kits available as well as new cylinders. Also master cylinders and the air packs. Hoses that run from the frame mount to the wheels. all pretty available. I have used several of the larger supply houses here in the states but not sure what kind of shipping costs to your location. Like most things the more stuff you bundle in an order at one time may save you overall shipping costs. Usually, there are break points in the weight and size of a shipment when the cost goes up a large amount. So, I would try to get a laundry list of all the parts you want to change, then order them all at once. A number of the vendors that advertise on Steel Soldiers forum have bundle prices for system components like brakes. For example, instead of replacing one brake cylinder buy all 6 and do at the same time. same for brake hoses and brake pads. When one goes bad the rest may not be far behind in going out.

I would first download the Technical manuals and parts manuals for your vehicle. They are available free here on Steel Soldiers. That way you can be certain you are ordering the right thing.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

With your brakes you will only need to get specific parts like slave cylinders/ master cylinders or rebuild kits for same from the US.
Things like hard lines and flexible lines are generic and any brake place here can make them.

When I collected mine from AQIS I found one of the front brake lines was crushed because some dimwit had wrapped chains around the axle to secure it, I just had a truck brake place that was conveniently next door replace that section, refill with fluid and bleed the system and I was good to go!

You may also be able to get consumable parts sourced from here, I have found I can get the oil and fuel filters for mine here as they are a generic size. still working on the air filter though,...

So you may find restoration a lot easier than you may have thought.
Fingers crossed though.

And now you may have found ANOTHER one!??
Some people have all the luck!
;)

Aussie.

dmetalmiki

Welcome from blighty. When you have possession of both (of them), you should be able to get started on a great restoration project there. Your finished truck will certainly get some looks!. Perhaps you are going to some military events?. Does anyone bushside have any WW11 jeeps dodges or similar to link up with? (for that occasional 'Barbie').

kaneriley227

G'day everyone,....

With your brakes you will only need to get specific parts like slave cylinders/ master cylinders or rebuild kits for same from the US.
Things like hard lines and flexible lines are generic and any brake place here can make them.

When I collected mine from AQIS I found one of the front brake lines was crushed because some dimwit had wrapped chains around the axle to secure it, I just had a truck brake place that was conveniently next door replace that section, refill with fluid and bleed the system and I was good to go!

You may also be able to get consumable parts sourced from here, I have found I can get the oil and fuel filters for mine here as they are a generic size. still working on the air filter though,...

So you may find restoration a lot easier than you may have thought.
Fingers crossed though.

And now you may have found ANOTHER one!??
Some people have all the luck!
;)

Aussie.
nope.. False alarm.. spoke to the previous previous owner, only had one, but had a lot of body parts to replace, so don't know how he came to get them all.

kaneriley227

Welcome from blighty. When you have possession of both (of them), you should be able to get started on a great restoration project there. Your finished truck will certainly get some looks!. Perhaps you are going to some military events?. Does anyone bushside have any WW11 jeeps dodges or similar to link up with? (for that occasional 'Barbie').
hey mate, cheers, want to restore it for the local Anzac Day Parade, plus also have it to use as a work truck for my Firewood Business, and also occasionally take her down the beach for a bit of fun..

AZK9

Welcome from Arizona, USA! [thumbzup]

Looks like you've found a real treasure! Enjoy every minute with it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks