• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New clutch install help.M813

zxmedic

So I am just in the middle of new transmission and clutch install on my M813 my truck seems to have had a aftermarket pressure plate installed . Ive had the flywheel resurfaced i went to install the new pressure plate and friction disc and there is barely any grip. Using the information in the pics and checking the new pressure plate there nearly a 1/4" height difference between the 2. Does anyone have a flywheel out and could measure the surface to bolt lip for the pressure plate. So i can compare. thanks

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you remove the three shipping bolts and washers on the new pressure plate? My pressure plate is different than that of the one in the TM. It came with instructions to remove those bolts.

Rear Main Seal-Clutch Job 010-1.jpg

Here's my flywheel after machining over five years ago for reference. Sorry, but I can't give you measurements.

Rear Main Seal-Clutch Job 011.jpgRear Main Seal-Clutch Job 012.jpg

Last edited:

zxmedic

Thanks for the reply it was my own failure. Being the 2 pressure plates are so differemt .I did remove the bolts after installing the new pressure plates. Now my issue is the Transmission only seems to operate in reverse the shifter goes into 1 2 3 4 5 detent and only partially into reverse. If i let the clutch out the truck backs up with the stick in neutral. Is it possible the tower was installed with the shift forks outside the shift grooves and this keeping it in reverse .?

zxmedic

Thanks for the reply it was my own failure. Being the 2 pressure plates are so differemt .I did remove the bolts after installing the new pressure plates. Now my issue is the Transmission only seems to operate in reverse the shifter goes into 1 2 3 4 5 detent and only partially into reverse. If i let the clutch out the truck backs up with the stick in neutral. Is it possible the tower was installed with the shift forks outside the shift grooves and this keeping it in reverse .?

So install is complete in the end the reverse issue was that the Transmission shift fork was out of the collar locking it in reverse. Good i didnt try to drive it.