• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New CUCV for the Navy?

Tx75Pinz

I'm on my second set of Interco MT's on my Pinz and they are absolutely great tires. I normally get about 8 months on a set of tires, it's not the miles, it's the rocks, and the first set of Intercos lasted 17 months. No flats on them and no leaks. Worth every penny.

AJMBLAZER

Loved them on my Ranger. Wish they made them in a size I could use on one of my vehicles. They're too big for the Suzukis and too small for Big Ugly.

Elwenil

Looks home built to me. That or a proposal vehicle. I can't recall the military ever wanting something like headlamp covers on non-tactical vehicles, and certainly not the kind found in truck accessory shops and catalogs. Also, I would hope the military isn't considering using any tire from Interco. They don't have the quality of tires like Goodyear or Michelin.

Jetnoise400

"Uh, hello, Onstar? Corporal Punishment here. Can I get you to vector a precision airstrike 3 clicks South of my position? And could you expedite that? I'm under fire at the moment...." :lol:

Croatan_Kid

Four Wheeler magazine has shown a few concept military vehicles that GM has been trying to sell the Marine Corps. The most recent was a 24 volt system, diesel, hybrid. It wasn't a 12/24 volt system, but a true 24 volt and I think they said it sported HID lighting!

Oh...that truck must be someone's personal vehicle. If you look closely, it appears to have re-centered 8 bolt Humvee rims with USA 6x6 re-centers. I don't think that's a government deal because they wouldn't want to wait months on end to get the centers. It still has the satellite radio antenna on it too!

AJMBLAZER

Dodge and Ford do in their 3/4 tons and 1 tons. Dodge also has a 1/2 ton solid front axle model but you have to order the MegaCab to get it.

Croatan_Kid

The sad thing is about these new truck with solid axles is they're not "real" solid axles. They have balljoints (nobody knows anything about kingpins anymore!) and unitized hub bearings instead of "real" wheel bearings. Ford does, at least, have lockout hubs.

I say Chevy should bring back the square body trucks, leaf springs up front, and solid axles! That's keep them from going under :D

Ok, well...maybe not, but I'd buy one! It's have to have a Duramax/Allison though.

BobS

Looks to me like the latest version of the LSSV/EMP in DHS guise. The backround looks somewhat familiar, but I cannot place it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks