• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New CUCV, New to Automotive, New Problems

dmetalmiki

The PO of my truck had no experience wrenching so asking him questions and for help is useless for me
? Swyzzlestickz, when posting please don't use "obscure" abbreviations that could leave the uninitiated guessing..And a very Zafy2, nice truck, looks (just) too clean to have all that much wrong with it. still wondering who or what the P.O. is that ?? ("something" again) your truck.

Last edited:

Swyzzlestickz

The PO of my truck had no experience wrenching so asking him questions and for help is useless for me
? Swyzzlestickz, when posting please don't use "obscure" abbreviations that could leave the uninitiated guessing..And a very Zafy2, nice truck, looks (just) too clean to have all that much wrong with it. still wondering who or what the P.O. is that ?? ("something" again) your truck.
PO = previous owner

dmetalmiki

Thanks for that, (that was pretty painless) I always use full text as it takes so little time and effort and makes for an easier read. Keep posting picture of your progress with your truck. You have a great start in that one.

Zafy2

Warthog: That's exactly who did the restoration.

dmetalmiki: It's not huge problems, just little ones that were bound to happen, just bad timing/luck. 82ABNMP is a great guy and has been super helpful. Also, I think it's the Inhibit Switch.

Swyzzlestickz: I'm in the Lake County area, near the border of Wisconsin.

Zafy2

Swyzzlestickz: I've noticed a huge increase in CUCV's around here. Before I only knew of 2, but now there's at least 6 around me that I see regularly.

CUCVLOVER: Thanks! I'm new to the automotive world as in I don't know how to work on a car as much as I should or would like to know. The paracord is nice for extreme weather (Winter/Summer) so it doesn't burn/freeze your hand when driving, but I left some gaps in it to increase grip.

Swyzzlestickz

Zayf2 The guy i bought my CUCV from told me that there are maybe 6 or 7 of them in this one area in Humboldt Park. Matter of fact as I was getting this one out of his garage two of them rolled by. Then they parked at this one bakery on California. Sad that this is exciting to me huh? I guess I just love seeing these tanks up rolling around being awesome. I have secured some parts as well. My dash...gauge cluster thing will look like yours soon. Now, to get myself a working 6.2L engine. Happen to know of anyone in your area whose looking for a Project k5 for their CUCV?

Zafy2

I actually might know a guy near me, if I recall he said he has been looking around but hasn't found anything. I'll talk to him soon and see if he's up for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks