• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New CUCV owner 86 M1031 Contact Maint truck

markinnh

Hello...first let me say what a huge cache of information you all have here. I am very happy to be a new member. I got this truck at a bargain and now I know why....very low mileage but needs a tranny and possibly a 205 adapter...fixing it monday but might have to put in a 208 but its all good.

What I need is info on the Hobart welder/generator. All I have is G-204. Cant seem to find this on Military Manuals dot com...any help would be great! This is my first military truck but i hope to aquire some others.:driver:

markinnh

I hear tell that I should consider a new torque converter when I have the tranny out...something about stall speed and I want a higher one? How do I know whats in there now? I had a short bed with a 6.2 and it seemed plenty powerful to me...:cookoo:

civiceg6sir

Was that the one on GL @ Ft. Meade. It looks like it. I wanted that thing bad but the bidding went out of my budget. Nice truck. I figured that the transfer case just need to be replaced. Good luck with it. Did you flat tow? I was contimplating on how I was going to get it back to Jersey if I had one.:p

markinnh

Civiceg6sir, it is one of the ones from Ft Meade. We trailered it with a half ton truck...it was a little scary a few times.

319 Thanks for the numbers, i will try to find em. I assume the 'p' is for PTO.rofl

acmunro

I lucked out when I purchased my M1031 as it had a copy of the manual for the Wisconsin powered Generator. Funny thing is it is an actual M1031 CMV with the PTO powered generator. The manual was not a lot of good for that truck, but I have since acquired a M1028 CMV with the Wisconsin welder/generator so now I can put the manual to work. If you cannot find somthing I could scan some things out of my manual.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Civiceg6sir, it is one of the ones from Ft Meade. We trailered it with a half ton truck...it was a little scary a few times.

319 Thanks for the numbers, i will try to find em. I assume the 'p' is for PTO.rofl

No, the TMs are the operators & parts manual for the SECM (Shop Equipment Contact Maintenance) body only. Includes the welder and Wisconson engine. The cover will show the original Dodge chassis. Not sure if they're in the resource section, I found them on tpub.com

Hightechken

Story I heard was that the Wisconsin gas powered generator was from the old Dodge CUCV series maintenance trucks that someone (Military) installed in the newer Chevy CUCV. And most all Chevy CUCV series trucks came with the PTO driven 12KW generator.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks