• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New CUCV owner M1031 Questions

zoto6ixty

Hello everyone, finally won a M1031 this week after having to bid it off 3times, persistants pays.
My main question centers around my planed use of the pto driven generator as a back unit for home. From what I can tell this truck producdes both single phyes and three phyes power and of course I need only the single. Does anyone know how to use the higher amp plug but only on single phyes type.

Thanks

lavarok

One thing to note, changing the way it is wired will nullify your air compressor which requires 3 phase. In my opinion, your better off using the truck as it was intended and get yourself a backup generator for your home.

lavarok

To any M1031 owners needing a complete set of relevant documents for the truck, pm me your email address. I have posted some of the documents here in this thread and others, but there are several documents yet to be disclosed.

lavarok

Thanks for the help, please email me at zoto6@yahoo.com. Thanks again
Yahoo returned the email telling me the address did not exist.

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to mta5.am0.yahoodns.net.:
>>> DATA
<<< 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (zoto6@yahoo.com) [0] - mta1296.mail.mud.yahoo.com
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

saddamsnightmare

February 20th, 2012.

You can also get a generator that will fit on the PTO output of your tractor's 3 point hitch, but it might not be able to regulate as close as you might which on HZ. A separate back up unit would be preferable and it should be loaded at all times to 60-80% load factor or the diesel engine driving it's not gonna be happy about it. Likely your CUCV would not like sitting there running your house either, because it was designed for different dity. Just a thought....:wink:

Good luck,

zoto6ixty

If running your whole house off this generator is not the best use of this truck, why are they so popular and hard to come by? What are everyone else using theirs for?

Terracoma

If running your whole house off this generator is not the best use of this truck, why are they so popular and hard to come by? What are everyone else using theirs for?
Fill them tools and use them as mobile repair workshops for anything, anywhere that needs fixed.

Welder and torches, large work lights, air tools, fluids transfer, you name it, the M1031 can do it.

Danger Ranger

Last edited:

zoto6ixty

That's what I was thinking I would use it for normally, but living so close to the gulf and knowing how long it takes to get power restored after a hurricane it just seemed logical to use this truck as a backup power supply.

As for some pictures, I would love to see what other have done with the trucks!

Thanks

zoto6ixty

That's what I was thinking I would use it for normally, but living so close to the gulf and knowing how long it takes to get power restored after a hurricane it just seemed logical to use this truck as a backup power supply.

As for some pictures, I would love to see what other have done with the trucks!

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks