• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New CUCV Owner

Carpenter

Hey all. New to the forum and new to CUCV's. I purchased an M1028 last weekend and it's my first MV.

So far I really like the truck. She sits on a 6" lift with 37s and has a 12000lb winch on the front.

Also, I'd like to say thanks to all who have helped solve other peoples problems on here. Today I had the rubber fuel line between the pump and filter get into the belt and wear a hole in it. I was able to use some redneck ingenuity and get it back together but I couldn't figure out how to prime the fuel system. My duramax has a pump on the filter. Thanks to this site, I was able to read about it on my phone (with my hands covered in diesel) and get her running again.

I've already ordered the starter relay to do the doghead relay mod. The glow plug relay was bypassed by the previous owner and is wired to a toggle switch.

Are there any other mods/fixes/other that I should put on high priority?

Attachments

gijoe13

Looks good. If it is still 24v I would do the resistor bypass to protect your glowplugs. I would see about putting the glowplug system back to its stock configuration. Really isnt that hard to figure out with a little troubleshooting. Cucvelectric.com has new controller cards if you need one. Check them out they have some great stuff. Good luck, Jeff[thumbzup]

Carpenter

Looks good. If it is still 24v I would do the resistor bypass to protect your glowplugs. I would see about putting the glowplug system back to its stock configuration. Really isnt that hard to figure out with a little troubleshooting. Cucvelectric.com has new controller cards if you need one. Check them out they have some great stuff. Good luck, Jeff[thumbzup]
That's what I love about these trucks. I'll look into this more and see exactly what was done and why. Thanks for the link. [thumbzup]

GPrez

Welcome and congrats. A lot of the expensive mods have already been done for you. I have my glow plugs on a momentary swith on my M1009 and prefer it that way. I may switch my new M1028 to the same set up. It makes the truck harder to steal as well.

sail-bum

Nice truck, looks a little redneck with the 6" lift! Just kidding, Jake is a friend of mine and he REALLY likes his new truck, thanks for welcoming him guys.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:roll:
Nice truck, looks a little redneck with the 6" lift! Just kidding, Jake is a friend of mine and he REALLY likes his new truck, thanks for welcoming him guys.
Yikes,until you mentioned that he was a friend, I didn't notice his location. Carpenter, you do realize that your presence is required at the premier event of the year in mid October? You will be required to report to Durhamtown Plantation in Union Point for the 2012 Steel Soldiers Georgia Rally. You may be the vehicle that pushes us over the hundred mark. Its a great hands on event. More vehicles leave on stretchers than arrive on stretchers.

CycleJay

Welcome Carpenter,
From a fellow CUCV owner and Georgia neighbor, mine is a 1985 M1009.

Let me know if I can ever be of assistance.

By the way, nice truck. Looks good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks