• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New dash pad?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GM still has dash pads. They won't be able to order by color though. You'll have to call/go to a dealership and have them check what colors they have in stock.

Stitch

Hey fellas. Art told me about this post and I figured I'd stop in and say hi. I was already signed up and looking for info on a duece. I'll be getting one soon hopefully but I just wanted to check in and tell you guys I'm here and active on this board as a looker. Feel free to ask me any questions you want. Thanks fellas.

I am not taking any orders right now until after the holidays and then I'll start taking orders again. Thanks again guys.

WARWAG

Hi Stitch,
Welcome to the Drab side. I am looking forward to ordering a package deal from you. Can you post some pictures of Dash pad, door panels and seat cover? Im looking for black or brown. I should have my truck repainted here in the next few months. After that I will be ordering! Thanks for dropping in. My poor truck is in need of some new duds to spiff her up a bit.

Stitch

When I get home I can post some pictures of the dash, door panels and seat cover. If you go to the link Art posted you can see pics of the dash and door panels. I'm only selling the covers. Not the actual dash or door panels. Just the new covers that you or an interior shop will have to install

Stitch

Yep I used to live in charleston and then moved up here to dalzell. I'm about 2 hours away from charleston. My mom and dad and my wifes mom still live in charleston so we go there often.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Stitch

that's all well and good, BUT....

GM stopped making dashes for these trucks long ago...soooo....the NEW dash that you bought is at least 10 years old...it's been sitting on a shelf drying out just like the dash in your truck...it won't be long until the UV rays react with the vinyl on your dash that's dried out now...it may not seem like it's dried, but I guarantee you it is...that's why I suggest covering the dashes in vinyl...the only thing different is the fact that the vinyl will have to be cut and sewn to fit the dash and therefore it will have seams in it...BUT the vinyl will long outlive the NOS dash that you or anyone else buys from GM...

also, on a side note, we use SEM Color Coat at my shop everyday and it's amazing stuff, but it has it's place just like anything else...armrests and the top of door panels is not that place...it WILL flake and/or wear off...it's just a matter of time...if they were covered in vinyl, they would not flake and the color would not wear off of them...

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Stitch, I saw your work on the blue pad on the other forum thread. Looked magnificent. Welcome to SS.

Stitch

Thanks fellas. If there's enough interest I may bring some covered dashes down to the GA rally next year. I know it's a year away but just thinking ahead. I hopefully will have my duece by next spring time.

ranchhopper

I have a real nice OE grey one sitting in the shop I take them off the trucks in my friends junkyard. Most good ones come from garage kept suburbans they stay pliable and are in great condition. I bought eight of them this year all are gone except this one either sold or put into CUCVs I have bought. Sometimes a perfect 73-80 dash pad comes along too like the tan one pictured.

Attachments

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
that's all well and good, BUT....

GM stopped making dashes for these trucks long ago...soooo....the NEW dash that you bought is at least 10 years old...it's been sitting on a shelf drying out just like the dash in your truck...it won't be long until the UV rays react with the vinyl on your dash that's dried out now...it may not seem like it's dried, but I guarantee you it is...that's why I suggest covering the dashes in vinyl...the only thing different is the fact that the vinyl will have to be cut and sewn to fit the dash and therefore it will have seams in it...BUT the vinyl will long outlive the NOS dash that you or anyone else buys from GM...

also, on a side note, we use SEM Color Coat at my shop everyday and it's amazing stuff, but it has it's place just like anything else...armrests and the top of door panels is not that place...it WILL flake and/or wear off...it's just a matter of time...if they were covered in vinyl, they would not flake and the color would not wear off of them...
There Repuductions done up in poly Uerthane materals and they are brand new OEM replacment and they still Build new Vinyl one two.
I tryed the new poly and they are nice to use and look good.
and have the color cordova brown color it is so close to oem i just spreayed the door trim pads and kick plates the same the seat cover can be replace to same color. There is Five different Supplyer I use and all have all the parts in OEM CER GM Reproductions Parts no problems I still can Build a ground up truck with all new parts in steel or Fiber Glass body
The Dies to repop the cabs box doors ECT was GM Metal stamping Dies
just like the repop camaro ECT.
Take time and reserch on Google you will find every thing you need.

Last edited:

Stitch

I don't make the whole dash. I just make a vinyl cover to go over the dash. I can also make them in leather but figured y'all would want vinyl.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks