• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New dash panel :-)

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you planning on using backlit gauges? Also curious about the extra small gauge holes , are they for egt/boost ?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I love all the projects you do. I really liked the rebuild metal battery box you did. The hold downs looked great.

59apache

Chipmaker
thanks @ all! It was fun to mill 2 steelplates for pressing the bead and get these results. It's only 19 gauge (1mm steel) but my 10ton press is to small...

Last edited:

brianp454

Wow Apache! You actually made a tool to make those gage panels! Brilliant! It looks like you’re doing the forming after the holes are cut, which allows you to make the panels with any hole configuration you please. Are you laser cutting or water-jetting the holes?

59apache

Chipmaker
Hallo Brian, sorry for the delay!
The plates are laser cutted before the bead was formed.
I don't have a laser, but with a .dxf .dwg file it is easy to order the plates.

Greetings Juergen

rustystud

Juergen, do you have any plans to sell these ? I for one would like to buy a couple ! It would be nice though if you could make them from a little thicker gauge metal. Just saying this could be a good little money maker for you.

yolner

Hello Rusty, i don't plan to sell these. Thicker material would require a larger press :)

Greetings Juergen
Could you upload the CAD files somewhere? Maybe someone in the US could make a few of these and sell them for those of us who want one. I definitely like the look with the big gauges on the left.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks