• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Dash, Where To Order From?

ilovemyblazer

Well the dash in my 86 M1008 is beyond repair or covering up, so I'm just going to get a new one. I refuse to buy one from LMC, crazy expensive!

So I did a little searching and found one on Summit Racing and one on Tuckers Classic auto.
-------------
OER 14031903 - OER Authorized Reproduction Dash Pads - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Tuckers Classic Auto Parts - Chevy Truck Parts - GMC Truck Parts :: Interior :: Upholstery :: Dash Pad :: 1981-1987 Chevy & GMC Dash Pad, Saddle Brown - GM Truck
-------------
The one on summit is way cheaper so I'm leaning towards that one.

Any advice? Also I want the color just right- Summit=Dark Brown. Tuckers=Saddle Brown. What is the original interior color of the cucv's?

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the dash in my 86 M1008 is beyond repair or covering up, so I'm just going to get a new one. I refuse to buy one from LMC, crazy expensive!

So I did a little searching and found one on Summit Racing and one on Tuckers Classic auto.
-------------
OER 14031903 - OER Authorized Reproduction Dash Pads - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Tuckers Classic Auto Parts - Chevy Truck Parts - GMC Truck Parts :: Interior :: Upholstery :: Dash Pad :: 1981-1987 Chevy & GMC Dash Pad, Saddle Brown - GM Truck
-------------
The one on summit is way cheaper so I'm leaning towards that one.

Any advice? Also I want the color just right- Summit=Dark Brown. Tuckers=Saddle Brown. What is the original interior color of the cucv's?
The color is listed in this thread:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/56218-cucv-bench-seat-color.html

It is a flavor of bronze (I call it burgundy or maroon); however, you can do like I did and buy the rattle-can vinyl paint that matches pretty close.

Sorry, I'm away from my shop and can't tell you the brand or color number, but I can say it has lasted for years without fading or coming off.

Post some pics of your dash pad after you finish it. We're always looking for feed-back on non-GM/LMC parts.

the burgundy was one of the hardest colors to find a good interior for till i ran into the m1009 and m1008s lol now thats a plentiful supply haha im joking i have a civi truck that im stealing interior parts from as i build it thank goodness i have parts 87 gmc sierra doors with manual windows and Burgundy door panels which i swear look new and a decent dash pad i got out of a 88 chevy suburban along with some other stuff as of right now nothin aftermarket yet im using all original GM :beer:

Skinny

I haven't read any good reviews of the OAR dash which is also sold by Dashes Direct. I am going to look more into the LMC Truck dash which is about $350.

Let us know how you make out...

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't read any good reviews of the OAR dash which is also sold by Dashes Direct. I am going to look more into the LMC Truck dash which is about $350.

Let us know how you make out...
Check out ClassicParts.com

They have OEM style vinyl/foam repro dash pads for $299.99 before ship.

Pballer71

I know this is an old thread, but i was wondering how any of the dashes you guys have purchased have held up? Any fading or cracking? I am currently looking into a new dash pad and wanted to know how they each companies have held up before i drop almost $300 on a dash.
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks