• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New DB2 injection pump housing marks differ from old DB2 pump

1love

Howdy Y'all

I received a rebuild DB2 injection pump from 2INSANE because my old one was giving me issues, as I just was just getting everything ready to be installed I noticed the timing marks are way off! Should this be of concern or should I just line them up how they were with the (old) previous injection pump? Thank you for any input! Big updates on my build thread coming up!
20210915_190904.jpg20210915_190857.jpg

vanaisa

I have same question. I THINK, that as all pumps are timed/set internally from rebuilder, it is wise to line timing marks. But i am may be wrong...

Keith_J

Align the corresponding indicator lines. Timing in these pumps is based on a slew of different factors and adjustments. Timing advances with increasing injection quantity, transfer port pressure and throttle opening.

If the engine is noisy at warm idle, you can retard if needed.

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Line the marks up. Test drive and give the engine a lot of throttle. If the engine responds and does not hesitate or flutter you should be good. Trial and error is the best way.

1love

Line the marks up. Test drive and give the engine a lot of throttle. If the engine responds and does not hesitate or flutter you should be good. Trial and error is the best way.

Thank you all for the input I'll do as EZGN said and report back!

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sounds good at idle. It looks like you have it advanced quite a bit. Only way to tell is put it through all the different driving conditions you will encounter. If it runs good your good, otherwise bump it up or back depending on what you encounter, good job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks