• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"NEW" Deuce for SAR

Trigger1238

Just got MILSTRIP approval for this 67 Kaiser M35A2 to use for my Sheriff's Office for SAR and disaster ops. [thumbzup] I am thinking singles in the rear, XL tires, fording setup for intake, paint, lightbar, radios,etc. Any other suggestions?

Other than driving and operator level maint. on 5 tons in the army, this is my first deuce. actully it belongs to the SO, but it is my responsiblity. Got a matching trailer, and a 20kw genset trailer to go with it. SCORE!!! :D

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
For a S.A.R. vehicle, lots of lights. A rear winch might be handy too.

Edit, the guy who is rebuilding the hemmit has some kind of night vision camera mounted on his truck, that would be a big help too, I think.

Flea

Judging by that stack, I'd say a search for a turbo conversion would net you some extra power and much less smoke. Looks good! [thumbzup]

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mount a genset in the bed, capable of producing 120 volts AC. It will help immensely in powered all sorts of gear of yours. Also, might want to think about commo - police and SAR uses lots of communications options, look into what's best for you and start mounting antennas.

nattieleather

A power converter to go from 24V to 12V so you can hook up the radios and lights with no problems. Get a bigazzed one (aka lots of amps) so you can run all that gear at one time.

ETHOS

For a S.A.R. vehicle, lots of lights. A rear winch might be handy too.

Edit, the guy who is rebuilding the hemmit has some kind of night vision camera mounted on his truck, that would be a big help too, I think.
i mess with the ir, and nv stuff a lot, awesome.....

Alex400

Mounting some kind flood lights around the truck like on the sides of the truck bed. Another thing that would be really cool, is to make a kind of rack over the truck bed like an oversized lumber rack. From that it would be easier to mount lights and you could carry a boat on top of it.

Something like this except much beefier and larger.

Attachments

canrac1

Good catch! You'll love having a Deuce for SAR. My team in SoCal has 2 of them, an M35 and an M768 (the boring gear is gone). We have several mules and a snowcat too, which is primarily what we use the Deuce for (hauling). The 768 is turbo, so it's the primary use truck. We have a ton of civil defense and urban rescue gear that we will need it for should the "big one" ever hit SoCal in my lifetime.

For the 12 volt, we just ran heavy gauge wires from the individual batteries up under the dash and installed terminal blocks for wiring the 12v lights, the radio, etc. You can do it either way, but a converter can fail on you when you need it! It happened to us.

Have fun with it!

Maverick1701

Im in the same boat....i am working on getting my Sheriffs Office a deuce via LESO and the boss-man wants to set it up or SAR, disaser ops, answering calls in snow, etc.

We are just waiting on "the man" to process everything.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks