• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New deuce New Vibration

SuperiorRam

So the new truck has a vibration after 25mph and up and cannot figure it fluids are full changed u joints are tight (may be dry but they are tight) feels like t-case or trans or a bent drive shaft still happens with clutch in is it the duals (I'd use the search but the iPhone won't open the function long enough to type anything)
anyone has any help thank you
Eric

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tire is about to come apart. Look for out of round, wobble, etc. Have someone follow you and look closely.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting that you said 25mph and up. I have one that does the same. I have driven it for a year now(with vibe). I redid all the wheel bearings and checked my Ujoints. I am thinking mine is in the transmission or tcase. I need to look further or drive until it is obvious!:oops: Good luck

AaronW

My '67 has/had the same problem. After checking tires/drivelines,etc, deduced that the problem was the parking brake drum. Removed it and rolled it on a flat surface. It rolled like an egg!!! That took care of 80% of my 25-45 mph vibration. Looks like the military changed out engine/tranny/xfer/and all other parking brake components chasing the same issue. All were new/rebuilds! I think old tires are the remainder of my vibration issues.

SuperiorRam

I am thinking mine is in the transmission or tcase. I need to look further or drive until it is obvious!:oops: Good luck
that what I was thinking BUT the tow bill will be more than the cost of a new rig

all the tires were traded off the other trucks for sale to get all the best as far as looks and no cracking

thank you all
any others?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never thought to look at the Parking brake drum. :idea: I will soon. Thanks aaron:wink:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one doing the same thing. Have determined that old dry tires are the cause. Swapped them out and VOILA! No vibration.

800summit

Dumb question, but what are your tire pressures hopefuly they are all 50-60psi on the pavement.also check your low range on the transfer case at 25mph and see if there is a vibration in low range at the same speed as hi range

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks