• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce owner and need help with trailer hook up to deuce

kstevens

Hey there my name is Kody, I just bought a duece for hauling water/backhoe. The duece is a m35a2 6x6 and has a 24 volt system. I built a gooseneck hitch for it and need help adapting the trailer lights/ brakes to the 24 volt system. I have no clue even where to begin any help would be greatly appreciated. also anythng to watch out for in owning a duece.
thanks
kody

EWhytsell

I could think of a lot of ways to make it work. One easy way would be to replace the trailers lights with 24v ones. Then just get a military trailer plug from one of the vendors. If you need to use the trailer with other trucks this wouldn't work. The topic has been covered before so searching might find a good method.

As for what to watch out for... Everything. Especially if your using one for more than joy riding.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey there my name is Kody, I just bought a duece for hauling water/backhoe. The duece is a m35a2 6x6 and has a 24 volt system. I built a gooseneck hitch for it and need help adapting the trailer lights/ brakes to the 24 volt system. I have no clue even where to begin any help would be greatly appreciated. also anythng to watch out for in owning a duece.
thanks
kody
Welcome from a neighbor just north of you. I'd suggest LED lights on the trailer and you can adapt pigtail plug that fits the deuce on one end to a civi plug on the other end. My question would be isn't a backhoe an awful lot of weight to be hauling with no trailer brakes? I thought in TX anything over 4k lbs gvw needed brakes.

kstevens

appreciate the welcome! the trailer does have breaks.. Which is why just changing bulbs alone I don't kno would work. I Co-own a drilling/water well service and found the Duece and fell in love with it. It can pull out the rig, haul water or the backhoe and it seems plenty strong.. I found another thread from 2011 and found some useful info but was wondering if anyone has come up with something better since then.. I'm not very good with wiring and how relays and all that work but I'm gonna keep researching and see what I can find.. Thanks again

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Follow the threads that mention adding a 12V alternator. Once you have 12V you can pipe that over to supply the brakes. You will need a 24V relay to drop the brake light sensor wire down to 12V.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks