• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New deuce owner driving tips?

tjcouch

Hey TJ,
I'm interested into get my Deuce in the parade circuit. How do you go about learning who to talk too and all?

Sorry about the thread Hi Jack
Goggle is my friend . . . . I just search for the parades in my area and then submit the necessary paperwork.

Every organizer seems thrilled to admit my truck . . . . you just need to have proof of insurance usually.

The Tampa parades that I do every year are:

Independence Day in Temple Terrace
Veterans Day in west Tampa
USF Homecoming
Chasco Fiesta in New Port Richey
Guavaween/ Halloween in Ybor City
Christmas Parade in Ybor City

To make the truck even more impressive I have a 1000 watt concert quality sound system that I put in the back running off of a 24v inverter and have an MP3 player with themed music.

I also try to fill the back with a crowd . . . Scouts, Veterans, USF grads, or in the case of Halloween the Lions Krewe dressed as Indiana Jones.

You are welcome to join me any time! - This Saturday even!

There are also two mini parades that I help coordinate:

My Jeep club does an illuminated Christmas light ride where we decorate our rigs and drive through the best Christmas light neighborhoods.

The other is a month long toy drive were we collect donated toys and then partner with a radio and TV station for coverage. We then load all of the donations into our Jeeps and convoy to the toy drop off location (Metropolitan Ministries.) Too bad Sasquatch Santa is so far away! LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmCTQZzwlYg

Last edited:

Rockfeild

If you want to wander over to Tampa some time, I can give you a tutorial. I will have my truck in the Veterans Day Parade on Saturday. You are welcome to ride with us. I'll be sitting in the line up area from 9 am until the parade starts at 10 . . . . I could show you some stuff during that time too.

Here is the info on the parade: http://www.veteransparade.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the offer!
i own two retail stores and i am having a big Veterans Day sale but we don't open till noon.
I'll try to at least stop by and say hi and check out your deuce before the parade.
any tips I'm sure will be a big help.
Thanks again and this has by far been the most helpful forum.

tjcouch

You can say that again! This forum is an incredible resource.

And while I am not nearly as knowledgeable as many on this board, I am at least very close to you! I am happy to help!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know much about the deuce but just take your time and for goodness sakes, learn where the master cylinder is and CHECK the fluid. There will be a rally in the Clermont area in Feb 09. If I were you, I'd check the thread and make arrangements to attend. Steel Soldiers Rallys are like no other and you can likely learn more about your truck in a weekend than you will in a years worth of reading. These folks here know deuces!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks