• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce owner finally in NV!!! See what ya think?

welldigger

Live in Panaca.

I will eventually change the color back to military Thank you for your comments. As for the siren I will keep it because its an older style and yeah it is hard not to play with it but I will try real hard not to. Too bad I couldn't of got it sooner to paint it though. I don't have a garage big enough to work on it during the winter. Its in pretty condition for the most part. It does have a couple of issues that I will need to work out. The brake master cylinder leaks, The instrument lights don't work. Some of exterior lights don't work with other funtions like the blinkers don't work when brakes are press or sometimes not at all or brake lights don't work with blinkers on either. but I am sure more will pop up as I mess around with more. I have alot to learm and I will search on the threads for answers.
Your exterior light issues sound like so-so grounds to me. Just enough of a ground for one function but not grounding enough power for all functions. The dash lights are probably burt out bulbs. I had to replace one of mine recently. Took about 15 seconds.

Now to the good part. Very nice truck, especially for the price. Call me crazy but I kinda dig the yellow. Add some black accents here and there and paint interior to match. But thats just my 2cents

3dAngus

If the winch works, its worth twice what you paid for it. You just paid about scrap value, with the tank and all. What a steal. Nice score.

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my M1009 I am still touching up over the white paint In little corners and crevices, when the TN Sheriff Dept had It they shot everything white. windows, trim, rubber Etc. Big Bird Yellow Is going to be fun to paint over on a truck that size. Nice looking truck though.

bigbird189

On my M1009 I am still touching up over the white paint In little corners and crevices, when the TN Sheriff Dept had It they shot everything white. windows, trim, rubber Etc. Big Bird Yellow Is going to be fun to paint over on a truck that size. Nice looking truck though.

Yeah it should be fun trying to cover the yellow.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got a heck of a deal there! Winch, springer passenger seat base (with a good-looking seat to match), awesome tires, no rust, no major damage....great score!!!

As for your master cylinder, these trucks tend to lose brake pedal pressure when they sit for long periods of time. Try bleeding the airpack & master cylinder to see if that stops the leak (unless you can physically see the fluid leaking out, that is...). I found that my truck would lose pedal pressure when sitting for a week or more, until I installed a remote reservoir for the master cylinder (available in the classifieds from a great member). Now it can sit for weeks with no use and not lose any fluid nor pressure.

Either way you got a heck of a deal, good job!

bigbird189

You got a heck of a deal there! Winch, springer passenger seat base (with a good-looking seat to match), awesome tires, no rust, no major damage....great score!!!

As for your master cylinder, these trucks tend to lose brake pedal pressure when they sit for long periods of time. Try bleeding the airpack & master cylinder to see if that stops the leak (unless you can physically see the fluid leaking out, that is...). I found that my truck would lose pedal pressure when sitting for a week or more, until I installed a remote reservoir for the master cylinder (available in the classifieds from a great member). Now it can sit for weeks with no use and not lose any fluid nor pressure.

Either way you got a heck of a deal, good job!

Thank you as for the tires they are not in the best shape but they work. Most likely I will be buying the remote reservoir kit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks