• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce owner in Houston

HarleyAg

Picked up my Deuce & trailer a couple of weeks ago and drove it 150 miles to get it home. Took it to a surprise homecoming for a soldier the next day and it was a hit!

Now the fun begins....
Apparently it has been governed down because it will barley get over 45 mph on the highway. Been reading on turning up the fuel, while I am mechanically inclined, I don't know if I'm ready to tackle that project.
Are there any decent mechanics that work on Deuces in the Houston area?

Last week I found out my brake lights stopped working. So I am planning on checking the switch this weekend and trying to track down the problem.

Been doing a lot of reading on the forum and in the TM's...there is defiantly a wealth of information on here.

Motorcar

Welcome, the search function you have found is a HUGE help! Nearly all the common things have been covered as well as parts sources, often times with pictures of step by step. Driveability problems always begin with changing out the fuel filters for known good ones and verify proper fuel pressure. After that all has been found to be correct or repaired then you can move on to FDC issues and turning up the fuel. That is a whole other subject that volumes have already been written on. Start with the basics and take your time!

gungearz

Welcome to steel soldiers..... There is plenty of threads here for you to learn from. The search engine and the TM's (which are free downloads on this site) are your new best friends. Your truck isn't governed. Max speed is 56 mph and can only be altered with a od kit and/or bigger tires. The rockwell axles on the truck do not have a regearing upgrade. So speed is very limited due to the big gearing.

RHudson85

Welcome. I live up in Montgomery, just west of Lake Conroe. I don't know anyone who works on them, you may be lucky finding someone who is willing to touch it. If you need a hand, you can always let me know.

Gungearz, there is a gear upgrade for the axles made by Overusion Engineering. I belive it will change the ratio to a 4.90:1. I'd be interested to see how it drives......mine already takes long enough to get up to speed.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up my Deuce & trailer a couple of weeks ago and drove it 150 miles to get it home. Took it to a surprise homecoming for a soldier the next day and it was a hit!

Now the fun begins....
Apparently it has been governed down because it will barley get over 45 mph on the highway. Been reading on turning up the fuel, while I am mechanically inclined, I don't know if I'm ready to tackle that project.
Are there any decent mechanics that work on Deuces in the Houston area?

Last week I found out my brake lights stopped working. So I am planning on checking the switch this weekend and trying to track down the problem.

Been doing a lot of reading on the forum and in the TM's...there is defiantly a wealth of information on here.

The West Texas Detachment of the SS welcomes you aboard :D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Before I jumped in on your performance question, I see that you already have gotten some very good advice.....

Welcome, the search function you have found is a HUGE help! Nearly all the common things have been covered as well as parts sources, often times with pictures of step by step. Driveability problems always begin with changing out the fuel filters for known good ones and verify proper fuel pressure. After that all has been found to be correct or repaired then you can move on to FDC issues and turning up the fuel. That is a whole other subject that volumes have already been written on. Start with the basics and take your time!
Again...

W E L C O M E ! ! !

:D

T9w6a

New to the deuce thing need helpful info

I'm looking at trading my rhino for a m35A2 with no winch has soft top with heat. It's not bobbed, and that's what I really want with at least 46/52" tires. The ultimate plan would be flat black bobbed with tinted windows looks mean. Any suggestions? I also was trying to find a good WMO / wvo blend that's reliable.

tiny110

Banned
I work on 6x6 army trucks. Im 120 mi. from h-town. I do all this on the side so i dont have a real fast turnaround but i work cheep. Pm me and we can talk more.

T9w6a

I like the looks and practicality of a bobbed deuce not to mention bigger tires means more top speed. So any reliable formulas for blending fuel, and what to look for when buying your first one?