• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce owner in NC

jlpayne

Hey guys just got my new and first duece home! Other than scary brakes and no wipers in the rain, the two hour trip home went well! First thing on the agenda is get brakes working better can't wait!

Attachments

Last edited:

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations! I found it interesting how brakes work one minute and not the next. My 5 ton had a faulty valve with a cracked ceramic ball. Sometimes brakes, sometimes not :)

w3azel

Welcome from Fayetteville NC. Watch yourself, this deuce thing is a slippery slope, or for me a water slide WEEEEEEEEEEE.

61sleepercab

Welcome to the site and the world of Army Iron. I am always fond of steering and stopping in vehicles I have. It is not fun when clutch pedals fall to floor (happened to me) or steering wheel actually comes off in the driver's hands while going down the road( my cousin's MG TD). If you are not used to big iron take it slow and keep a lot of space between you and other traffic. Have fun. Mark

wilfreeman

Welcome from Richburg, SC -about 30 minutes south on I-77. Are you coming to the Denton, NC rally in 2 weeks? Right up the road from you. You can convoy with Atptac (Jeremy) - he's in Ft. Mill/Charlotte.

jlpayne

I am actually moving that weekend so I can't go! Was really looking forward to learning and picking guys brains there! And of course I'm sure there are lots of parts for sale, hopefully I can meet up with some of the local members soon!
jason
Welcome from Richburg, SC -about 30 minutes south on I-77. Are you coming to the Denton, NC rally in 2 weeks? Right up the road from you. You can convoy with Atptac (Jeremy) - he's in Ft. Mill/Charlotte.

wilfreeman

Oh well - maybe next year! Of course there's always the GA rally in October - mark your calendar for that one! We might have a convoy from this area (Charlotte to Columbia to meet up with the Columbia group - then on to GA) going this year if we can get it together.

jlpayne

Now that sounds great!
Oh well - maybe next year! Of course there's always the GA rally in October - mark your calendar for that one! We might have a convoy from this area (Charlotte to Columbia to meet up with the Columbia group - then on to GA) going this year if we can get it together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks