• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce Owner Needing Advice On Going BIG

Mfarms

Hello all! i dont know much about these trucks but some about the axels. anyway i am not even sure of the year of my truck but it is a M35 A2 really good shape and they said new motor and rebuilt tranny. Runs strong and everything works and is good.... so now i need to know some more about it if anyone can help with how to find out if the motor is new and what year it is and all that stuff... but more importantly i am looking to go BIG i wanna Bob it and i may even go as far as to 4 link and coilover it. not sure yet but i do know i need a wenich and to get rid of these stock tires. if anyone is around the Fort Worth area i live an hour south in Ennis TX and would really like to meet up and see what i can do. also if anyone has some mean ideas about how the best way to turn this into the best mudding machine it can be let me know. I am looking to make it into a mud buggy that can go anywhere and still be able to climb some rocks. sorry for being all over the place on this post but i am new to it. i love it already i drove it to work today :D and will drive it around for a while just to have fun and pour some black smoke.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok, first, read the deuce article.

Then go to the deuce wiki and read it.

Then go to the oldest page of the deuce forum and work your way towards the newest.

You will be reading for weeks. But when you're done, you'll see your truck in a whole new light. The light of enlightenment!

The search feature will also become your new best friend. Decoding VIN's, seeing the different ways people have bobbed their trucks, etc. It's all in there. If it's deuce related we've covered it. :D

Welcome to the site! Let's see your truck.

nopics

Attachments

goodguyzy

i collect pics of bobbed m35a2 for my project (that is going really slow) here are a few
all these trucks look great, someday i will................ya

Attachments

Mfarms

Well i have been messing with it alot. i found out it has everything i need for the air assist steering but the ram. so i am looking into weather i want to spend the 200 for a ram plus putting the hoses into it or get like a PSC full hydraulic set up. anyway here is some pics of the new baby hope yall like it. and "thedeuce" that is what i am talking about. did you build it up or buy it that way.

Mfarms

Yeah PSC is here in Azel TX. what kit is it was it? was it easy to install? you ever go out to the RYC? is your truck 4 linked? it looked like 3 link with coil springs but kinda hard to tell with one pic.

DUECE-COUPE

I built mine for the mud and the street. works well on both. 4 link is cool, but it won't mean much when you are trying to rock crawl a 10500 lb truck. buy a 105 trailer and use all you can off it to bob your truck. you will have most of the stuff right there with the bed and the spring kit. all you will need is some u bolts and plates to mount your axle to the springs. build it and take it to the movies. you WILL NOT leave the parking lot with out fans!!!! EVERYONE likes bob deuces!!!!1

Mfarms

where is a good place to relocate the battires and fuel tank to? i see that some of your guys have taken the steps off and it looks much better + not a low point on the truck then...

DUECE-COUPE

fuel tank and batteries were relocated to the bed. I moved the bed forward to center the fender over the back wheels, i had to cut 2 inches off the front of the bed. this forced me to split the batteries and mount one on each side of the tank. if you use a stock 105 bed, there is plenty of room to locate the fuel tank and batteries in the front of the bed. i think there is enough room to mount the tank on the drivers side of the bed and still have room for batteries and a spare tire. make sure you use the tank brackets to hold the tank. there is a drain on the bottom that you will need to provide clearance for.

TheDeuce

I used the (Rockwell 3.0" Double End Steering Kit w/ P-Pump) and as far as installation goes it was not to difficult however because of my 4 link im running my ram on the front of my axle so I had to change the nuckles around. and as for the cylinder and the new power steering pump I made all the brackets to hold them myself. No I have not been to ryc yet.I do go to the perry events(puddin creek). yes my truck is 4 linked with coil springs. I just got done 4 linking the front so in the picture only the rear is four linked and leaf and block in the front, I was waiting to set the ride height with the new 5.9 cummins. I will try to get more pictures soon

Mfarms

Very good looking truck! I like the PSC setup but I think I would have a problem with it being on the front of my axel... I don’t want it to be the first thing to hit something! I think I am going to use the PSC pump and reservoir but fabricate up mounting plates to hook it up on the backside of my axel. I will also use a tractor hydraulic and hose from my local guy. I think I have seen them set up like that before so should not be too bad... I am ready to get started :jumpin: but i dont want to get ahead of myself lol....

PS Myself and some good friends are going out to Shiloh Ridge in Alto TX for Labor day weekend I will have the Deuce out there setup for party and there will be lots of big trucks and four-wheelers should be a good time.:driver:

TheDeuce

Thanks. And I just did not have any way to put it on the back of the axle unless I moved my four link bars so I will just hope I dont hit anything.and the psc kit is expensive but its proven and the steering pump and your hydraulic cylinder ram were made to work together where as you might have a problem with your pump and your hydraulic ram's volume/flow not matching when you start trying to piece your steering parts together ,but thats my opinion and there is no right or wrong way to do any of this.Its all just a matter of your preference

LovinPSDs

Mfarms, your killin me man! All I want to do is go wheeling, we go to shiloh quite a bit. I'm stuck in Malaysia for work right now and won't be around Labor Day.... ****!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks