• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce owner

GoFastCrackPipe

Hi all! I've been lurking here for a while trying to read as much as possible so that I will be able to properly maintain my deuce... there is a TON of info here!
Anyway, I picked up my first MV on Friday. A 1970 M35A2 with 38,000 miles. I won it in a govliquidation auction at Ft. Lewis, Wa. All I knew about the condition when I picked it up was the milage, year, and that it had a heater. I was very supprised when I actually saw it up close and started inspecting it! It turn out that it was depot rebuilt in 1990, still had all of the original tools including the pioneer tools, an almost new spare tire, air assist steering, and about 1/2 a tank of diesel. The batteries were dead, but the guy that rus the DRMO yard there said that it was a runner and probably just needed a jump... he was right. It started right up and almost purred like a kitten (as much as a pur as these things can muster anyway). A little coolent added to the radiator and some mystery oil added to the fuel tank and engin oil and I was headed down the road. The only things that didn't work or was missing are the drivers side stop light, the windshield wipers, and the passenger windshield has a crack. Everything else is good. Now I just need to fix some surface rust and repaint!
Enough talking... on with the photos!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the club! Looks like a pretty decent truck with some nice options. Your cheeks will hurt, before you stop grinning. These trucks are good for ya! Read up on the manuals.

GoFastCrackPipe

Re: RE: New Deuce owner

doghead said:
Your cheeks will hurt, before you stop grinning. These trucks are good for ya!
My cheeks were numb by the time I got it home. I had a perma-grin until I had to go into work last night. I even kept going outside just to look at it.
It was great watching peoples faces as I drove by. And also honking the horn for the kids that gave the universal trucker horn signal on the interstate... I think it scared a couple of the parrents. 8)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: New Deuce owner

I LOVE the older 4 color camo pattern with the field drab. Your truck looks great! Good luck...