• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce Owner

spartan_185

Hi guys, I recently came across a 68' M35a2 last week, and just had to have it.I've been stalking one for awhile. So, now it sits in my driveway along with the growing collection of OD Iron. The TM's and members on this site are very helpful, and the info contained here was priceless in the safe and enjoyable recovery of my truck. Thanks a lot, It may be my first, but definitely not my last. I have the green addiction, just ask my neighbors. :p
photodeuce.jpgphotodeuce2.jpg

spartan_185

Well, since ya asked, here are a few more pics of my other MV's. The two camo ones pictured together are my M1008, and M1009. The M1008 was sold to me by StreetbikeDepot, and the M1009 I bought in Missouri. The white M1028 was purchased off of the forestry service here in Oklahoma. The same goes for the white M1009. They all run and are road ready. The m1008 has a little rust to be repaired, but is a solid truck nevertheless. Both of the white paint jobs will be "corrected" when I repaint my Deuce and my M1008. I also have a M101A2 W/cover waiting for the EUC to clear.

Attachments

spartan_185

Also, If you guys haven't noticed somethings missing. I am looking for a set of troop seats. I have an ad in the classified's section. If anybody knows of any it would be greatly appreciated.

combat32

Gee that truck looks familiar:) I am the guy you called about the brakes on it.I was gonna lowball her on her price.You beat me out of that one, it's all good though, glad it went to someone here.I think it is a pretty solid truck, if you would trade the radio parts in that truck(antenna, antenna base, radio mount) I could hook you up with a set of troop seats.

You still got my phone number? I have wheels and tires too if you don't wanna change those flats!

Last edited:

spartan_185

Dang, combst32!:shock: I would have never thought I would see you here. I guess its a small world after all. I knew I would have to move fast to get it, I just didn't know how fast others were moving too. You actually talked to my dad. He's doing recovery's for me right now. Seeing that I'm out of the country. I did get it for a bit lower than the asking price due to the brakes. I got your PM, and I will give you a call about the mount.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny how this disease progresses. I've had the OD disease for many years. I was just diagnosed with a new disease. This is bad. The acronym is BRD. (black rifle disease).
Glad to see your collection is growing.

spartan_185

I also have an advanced form of BRD. Ive had it for a few years now. It all started when I was exposed to something called an AR-15 at a gun range one time. I and my checkbook have never been the same since. :razz:

Pinz25086

Welcome to the site! My deuce also came from the same unit. AR ARNG 777th ASB. I picked it up at Camp Robinson and drove her back to Fl without a problem. Hope you are as happy with your truck as I have been with mine.

Wayne

Barneyszoo

Nice truck, you should try suffering from BRD in the state of Ca. Got a bobbed deuce about 8 months ago, now I just got a 813, O crapp now I can't stop! Or won't.;-) lol

spartan_185

Welcome to the site! My deuce also came from the same unit. AR ARNG 777th ASB. I picked it up at Camp Robinson and drove her back to Fl without a problem. Hope you are as happy with your truck as I have been with mine.

Wayne
Wow, what a coincidence. I think combst32 mentioned something like that. I am very pleased with the condition of the truck, and look forward to driving it when I return home in July.

P.S. Barneyszoo, Having BRD in California, is kinda like being an alcoholic in a dry county. I feel for ya.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks