• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New deuce owner

vlmuke

HI, I just picked my deuce today and drove it home 170 miles once I got home When backing up I ground the gears while shifing in reverse not to bad and a few minutes later I smelled gear lube odor and looked underneath and noticed gear lube leaking out of a threaded hole in the bellhousing? any suggestions where it could be coming from also my father noticed after filling up with premium diesel the black smoke whent away and was blueish grey during acceration and nothing while driving. after driving around 160 miles when I would idle at a light it would either miss or make a popping noise and then a puff of grey smoke would come out of the stack
if any one could offer any suggestions on it I would greatly appreciate it
I'll try to post a pic of it later today or tomarrow
Thanks
RichB

red devils dude

well the leak in the bellhousing if it's comeing out of it and not runing down the out side would be
a input seal most likely, the grinding gears in reverse just sounds like you shifted to fast I think reverse is
unsynchronized, I dont know what the idleing thing is or whats causing it.

motorolanut

Smoke

The black smoke was most likely from high sulfer off road fuel, Was the fuel red in the tank? The premium fuel will require you to add a lubrication additive to your tank, stanadyne or the like. If you don't add some sort of lubrication additive to your tank kiss your injection pump goodbye!!

You could always run off road fuel, BUT BEWARE the DOT penalties if caught are VERY STIFF $$$$ per gallon you are caught with. Now if this is a Farm Vehicle only you are ok, Just not in a Licensed Highway Vehicle :lol: