• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce to South Dakota

SpecialK

4 weeks ago I arrived home in my new toy! It's a 1970 AM General M35A2 with winch and a LDS! I have yet to see another Deuce around here and I am curious if there is anyone in the surrounding area.

91W350

77 miles away is a fellow member, Deuceman51, he has around 40 deuces in Scotland and a lot of parts. If you need anything or want an education, he is a great contact. Glen

deuceman51

Yeah, i'm over 50 vehicles now. I'm usually home on weekends unless it's a guard drill weekend. Your more than welcome to stop over sometime. Glad to see another east river MV person.

91W350

My deuce came from Ellsworth AFB Rapid City, Deuceman was kind enough to let us use his place as a halfway meeting and recovery location. It was brrrrrrrrr up there in February, I could have spent a week there looking at all the variations and history. A couple of photos going and coming. Glen

Attachments

Oilleaker1

If you go to Deuceman's compound, plan on spending some time there. Troy is a bad influence. There is 2 more of us over here in the Black Hills. Welcome to the green disease. Stop in if over here on the West or "Good" side-----LOL. John

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LDS in a M35A2.... wish mine was an LDS... i have an LDS in my M109 and that thing moves pretty good. cant emagine shaving some weight off with that van body and what it would be like bobbed or just a cargo. I bet that would be a blast!! How does it run???

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
welcome aboard Specialk Everybody is correct on Deuceman51 great guy I am just across the border in ND and hughly suggest you get to know Troy he has tons of parts and huge amounts of M-series wisdom he is willing to share. I was with Glen when we recovered his M-35 from Ellsworth great truck and another great guy. So are you going to be driving your truck or just looking at it? We are having a MV get together im Appleton MN in late June we would love to have you attend, its not far a drive from Sioux Falls, look in the forumns under MN get together and if I can talk Troy inot it you guys could convoy up! Welcome aboard again SpecialK I look forward to meeting you in person one of these days! I have a 71 M-35A2 great trucks!
Take care
KK