• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce Win...

alphadeltaromeo

Re: RE: Update...

doghead said:
Are those trees in bloom? :shock: Wow, we may get snow today again, and the ground is still a foot deep with snow. It's great to see that you drove it to work today, but I bet you don't get much work accomplished today because you'll be talking to eveyone about it or just daydreaming about the ride home this afternoon! Enjoy!!! :jumpin:
Yes, they surely are...it's a beautiful time of the year presently! You're quite right, I will be side-tracked quite often today I believe hehe

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: At work...with some light...

Heck,why didn't you just park it straight into a spot.It will fit....hangs out a little but it fits.....I used to park directly in front of the door where I used to work.......Along with the Loading dock beside the scrap trailer that NEVER was used as a loading dock when I work there........make breaks so night.Hear the Klaxon,walk out the dock door and onto the bed of the deuce.Kick back and relax for 15......

alphadeltaromeo

RE: At work...with some light...

The angle to exit from a regular spot would have been very difficult without damaging other vehicles. However, I will say that where I parked it...well it was right at the entrance of the parking lot, so everyone got to see green when they drove in to work and there are quite a few that work there :driver:

On another note, I just pressurized the 9x20's to 55psi and that greatly improved my steering. They were previously at 40 and that was way too low. I was getting a workout driving it. Not that I minded driving it all over with them that low, but it has made it more enjoyable for sure. I have all the lights on the dash, turn signal blinker, etc. working. I also tack-welded the soft-top braces on as they were really buggin' me rattling as the wind whooooooooshed through the cab.

jkelly66

I know thease are coming a little late but here are some more pics of the trip to Pinevile LA.
The 1st one is before leaving my house morning of the first day than there is one or two of the tire blowout adventure and a rest stop on the way back to Andys

Attachments

alphadeltaromeo

When I get back from my vacation on the 19th of June, I get the pleasure of driving to Savannah and towing back an S280 shelter. The whole family will be going with me and we'll stay in a nice hotel for the trip. My vacation will build those wonderful "points" that will allow us to stay free thankfully.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How will you be transporting the family and S-280? Multi vehicle trip or towing the S-280 on a trailer behind the van? Just curious!

alphadeltaromeo

The plan is to tow a 16' trailer behind the 15 passenger van, with all the occupants inside :D I'll have to get some wood to put the shelter on, as it's wider than my trailer is and I need to clear the hight of the tires. I'll have some heavy ratchet straps to hold the shelter down...that's the plan unless ya'll have some good input for me???

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So with the shelter in the deuce, a converter dolly and the M373 trailer behind, you rally will have the ultimate camper. Put up all the kids in the trailer and make the S280 the master suite. Oooh Yeah!

houdel

RE: You know...

Jkelly66 - Tell us a little about the trailer you used to get the Deuce home with - Length, GVW, empty weight, make, gooseneck/fifthwheel etc. Was the blowout a road hazard or caused by overloading? What is the max towed weight rating of your pickup truck?

Cooltex24

Hey alpha, how did you guys end up getting the duce on the trailer? I have a big 34 foot tandem dual trailer, and am thinking about tryin to get the 530b that I am lookin at in Kathleen, GA, but it has not run in a few years, and I am not sure that it will even run, much less stop once on the trailer. Anybody willing to help me winch it on the trailer? Thanks.
Scott

alphadeltaromeo

It was driven up on the trailer, so we didn't have any issues there fortunately. I'm sure it could be winched up there or pushed if they site had a forklift or something similar. I'm more than happy to assist you with the load.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

I have used a few 5,000 pound staps as a poor mans winch more than once. If you have a place to hook to you can tow the truck up onto the trailer and hook one on the rear to act as a stopper. This is a long and arguous task so I hope some of our Texas Steel Soldiers will help you find one. The other thing to think of is a cheap harbor frieght 12 volt winch since the rolling load on hard ground with good tires is not that great.

Andrew please post some picts of the trip picking up the shelter, I loved seeing the litte boy sittin on the trailer watching, brought back a lot of memories

alphadeltaromeo

David

It hasn't been picked up yet...can you believe that. I'm working on making that happen this Thursday, but GL has been poor at responding to my calls from that particular site. I'll get pics when I pick it up though for sure.

Cooltex24

Well, pushing is out of the question, I don't want to have to rebuild the back step like Doyle had to. But the winching might just work. I wonder if it is possible to get a duce on a straight deck trailer, or if a dovetail is needed, any input guys?
Thanks alpha, and I may take you up on that.
Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks