• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"new engine in" few electrical questions fuel shut off and PCB M817 NHC 250

greenmountainmarine

I put a running engine in my M817 last week and got it running yesterday. Took it for a spin think the cooling system is in need of a T stat or something. But what Im wondering from you guys is
A power control box seems to be bad still (tried the one off the donner truck and it too shut off all my gauges after about 1 min run time). I have a one wire alternator that I could put back on. I thought I read somewhere if you get rid of the generator you can also remove the power control box? is this true? if so is there a good description of what needs to be done?

Also., The electronic fuel shutoff solenoid didn't shut off the engine, So I swapped the one that was working off my old engine and now it too is not shutting the engine when the ignition is shut off. Any ideas?

Thanks
Lucas

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I put a running engine in my M817 last week and got it running yesterday. Took it for a spin think the cooling system is in need of a T stat or something. But what Im wondering from you guys is
A power control box seems to be bad still (tried the one off the donner truck and it too shut off all my gauges after about 1 min run time). I have a one wire alternator that I could put back on. I thought I read somewhere if you get rid of the generator you can also remove the power control box? is this true? if so is there a good description of what needs to be done?

Also., The electronic fuel shutoff solenoid didn't shut off the engine, So I swapped the one that was working off my old engine and now it too is not shutting the engine when the ignition is shut off. Any ideas?

Thanks
Lucas
Unscrew the knob on the front of the solenoid.

You have to have a PCB or some type of solenoid to switch the gauges and system off. If you have the original military starter you have to have a solenoid to start the truck. A brushless alternator does not simply delete the pcb. It just makes it so the exciter wire running thru the pcb is not engaging the alternator.

You can switch the control box to a single solenoid unit here

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks