• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEW FEATURE: Image Resizing

Michael

751 KB down to 76.67 KB in just a few seconds with DSL. Of course, if you have dial up you would want to resize them yourself before you send them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The overlay(watermark) of the Steel Soldiers.Com makes me wonder. When we post a picture does it become the property of the web site? Does submitting a picture give the site the right to use it in the future in any way it(the SS site) deems useful or needed? What if your picture already has a "watermark"?

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Michael said:
What kind of vehicle is that, Michael? It looks ginormous!
It is a nuclear hardened tractor and launcher erector at Dayton AFB. I have the details on another computer.
Cool!

Will it fit on an LCAC, because I want one of those, too! rofl

Might as well "test" the new picture upload again... here's a picture I took of a truck delivering some junk when I was screening at GL a few years ago. I think the driver said it's a 7-ton truck, IIRC.

Attachments

mangus580

doghead said:
The overlay(watermark) of the Steel Soldiers.Com makes me wonder. When we post a picture does it become the property of the web site? Does submitting a picture give the site the right to use it in the future in any way it(the SS site) deems useful or needed?
Yanno, I am not really sure on this. My goal behind the watermark was twofold...
1. to 'prevent' theft of pictures off our site for use elsewhere
2. if in the event 1. does happen, to have our name on it and increase knowledge about us!

Really, it was a cool feature I stumbled upon during my resize project, and figured what the heck...

doghead said:
What if your picture already has a "watermark"?
Well... it will have two once you upload it here! :lol:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Can we just have a bottom or top watermark and not both? It's kind of distracting when I am drooling over green iron......rofl

houdel

Sorry, can't properly respond, too much saliva on the keyboard.The SS logo does seem to detract a bit, although for those who steal our photos for use on another web site, it does appear to be appropriate punishment. May even earn us a few more SS Members.....

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it should be optional for the poster. The images I post may be used by anyone as far as I'm concerned or I wouldn't post them.

Also, when I scan a PS mag article or a TM, that don't have copyright issues, why should we be distracted by the watermark?

As usual, just me bitching again. :twisted:
My middle initials may be "SS", but there is a limit...