• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

*** New Feature - PM Auto Prune

iinfotech01

The showcase forum is set to autoprune topics after one month. This was implemented in 13th December 09 within the guidelines by the previous moderation team and clarified in the follow up sticky that summarises the main points

It has been raised that this may be unfair to users, but as a matter of ensuring conformity and sanity when it comes to old and out-dated information, This "pruning" ensures relevancy and usefulness of information presented to the forum users.
It also helps to prevent new posters saying that a site up for review is "not working" or has significantly changed from its original concept.

The alternative is to request ShowCase review requesters to update their own posts as major changes are made or the request for review is no-longer relevant. Our experience in the past has been that this is not only impractical but extremely unlikely to happen.

Would an auto lock be better than an autoprune.

bobkerry

hello

hey friends hello to you all. i am new to thins forum and i am here to share my knwoledge with you guys and along with this want to grab as much knowledge as i can in order to enhance my knowledge....
any new ideas or comments do share with me...thanks in advance

Nancy Myers

I need a mechanics help for a M1009

I bought a M1009. The starter malfunctioned and wouldn't turn off during start up. I thought quickly and disconnected the battery, but not before frying almost half of the engines wires. I decided to get my baby towed and let a civilian rewire her, BIG MISTAKE! They fubared her many times. I finally decided to get her home and fix her myself. I ordered a book online and began to follow wiring schimatics. I found that they cracked the starter trying to fit it in without taking the transmission plate off. Now I have 3 questions.

1. The wires coming off the solenoid should both be grounded, it says in the book. When the wires come to the top of the engine they go to another smaller cylinder (sorry, not good with proper names, hopefully descriptions help) now a red, blue and green wire come off of this component. Where are they suppose to go from here?

2. The mechanics screwed up both the batteries, obviously the never have even seen a truck like this. I read that they are suppose to be in series, but in the book they have battery 1 (From front to back) positive going to 2's negative terminal and battery 1's negative term going 2's positive terminal. Then battery 2's positive goes to the positive terminal bar and the negative goes to the engine wiring harness block. Is this the correct hook up?

3. After I am sure about the battery hook up ( I never Trust myself, even though I should) I need to know which way each positive is going. The mechanics really messed it up! From the book to the actual engine, it's a mess!

You wanna hear something really funny? They began to panic when the headlights on the truck would not work. they took the whole front end and the dash apart and tried everything to get the lights to work. They had to finally come clean and ask us if there was a trick to the lights. I went inside the truck and switched the black out switch up and the lights came on! So some where in there they screwed up the wires for the lights and I would hate to take the whole thing apart if i don't have to. One of the positives are heading under the battery and into the front of the truck where i cannot see it.jm6229@comcast.net

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks