• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

*** New Feature - PM Auto Prune

EagleWrench

War on MV folks

I am new to SS site. I read some of the notes for new members on how some people would like to outlaw everything because we (VETS) gave them the right to do so. Well i do not know how many members are in WI. The rules of operating MV has changed for the worst. I purchased a CUCV for GL in MAY 2010 recived EOC in SEPT 2010 i was informed that i can only use Military historic plates on my cucv. Meaning i can only drive this 1984 pickup truck to special events and maintenance. Unfortunitly my special events calendar is very different that of the WI DOT, This law went into effect 1 OCT 2010. This goes for All Vehicles the have an engine and could operate as a motor vehilce. And yes if you do have plate on a cucv now when you go to renew Guess what yes it will be denied and you will have to put a MIlitary historic plate on it. I cant blame GL for this i read the agreement. It is the great state of WI. I hope this helps people in the future purchases. There are way around this law but it probably involves realatives and other state tags, i wont be doing that. I will be posting my truck in teh classifieds. I was very excited to be able to own one of these bullett proof vehicles but when i was told i coudl not due to this law it made me sick. I hate to make my first post be a NEG one but i thought this would be a good place to let some ol Soldiers no what is going on. The McCOy GL site is selling a ton of these up here good luck to the members that still have the freedom to use this fine equipment.

EagleWrench