• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Fella from PA!

Reborn756

Howdy folks! My name's Darryl, from frosty ole' PA! Thanks for having me here on the forums!

I decided to swing on in because I'm looking to take the plunge into the wonderful world of military vehicles! Looking to buy a CUCV, M1008 or M1028, as a reliable daily driver work horse! Down the road, after me and my soon-to-be wife purchase a house and I've got some ground to play around on, I really want to join you big dogs and get a Whistler turbo M35!

I'm looking forward to learning whatever I can from you guys as I jump down this rabbit hole!

BenRoberts

Certified insane
Since you haven't bought anything thing yet there is still time to turn back. Know once you are bit and contract the green disease there is no cure and you are along for the ride.

Reborn756

A Gentleman named cucvrus actually just told me he has one, EXACTLY what I was looking for (pretty much stock M1028 with the pickup bed), and he's not all that far away! We'll see how it goes!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from Nevada. Once you get your truck, get your trucks TMs (technical manuals) and get familiar with them. You'll find them here on the sight. Click on forum at the top of the page to access them.

Reborn756

Thanks for the advice Tracer! I'll DEFINITELY be picking up the TMs, thanks for pointing out that you folks have them available! I've heard from tons of people that those TMs could help a monkey take a dumptruck load of parts and turn them into a functional vehicle!

Reborn756

Thanks a lot 4X4! I see in your Signature line that you have an 87 M1008. Do you drive yours often? I'm planning on daily driving mine once I find one, but I'm definitely looking for good information on the best way to do that!

Lukes_deuce

Welcome from NY. Russ is a good guy. Lots of knowledge with CUCVs. When you get settled with a truck, you have to come out to Rausch creek off roading. We try to set up a trip twice a year, in the spring and fall. Also a good show and swap meet is the MTA Sussex show at the end of April.

Reborn756

Thanks guys! cucvruss stopped responding to me there regarding his truck, so I ended up buying an exceptionally clean low mileage M1028 from Mike Morin up in Massachusetts! It arrived here on Saturday, and I'm actually going to take care of the title tomorrow! I'll post some pictures and everything at a later date, and I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions!

I've been considering taking her offroading actually Lukes_deuce, but at the same time I don't want to beat her up. I'm hoping to get a lot of good serviceable years out of this absolute tank of a truck!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Congrats on the new truck! Sounds like you bought a good one! I daily-drove a 1009 for about 8 or 9 years and a 1008 for another year or so. They’re great trucks once you work the bugs out of the 12/24 electric system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks