• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Ferret owner

Taco Bell

Hey guys,
Mitch here from Fort Worth TX. Just bought a '52 Ferret so I'm joining all the great Armor/Steel sites to find out any and all info as I work on fixing this AFV up. Hope you guys are having a great day.
Semper Fi,
Mitch

Triple C

Welcome Mitch, we LOVE pictures so when you get a chance, show us your beauty. You are in the right place, there are lots of folk here that are just full of....wisdom:-D

B3.3T

Looks like you are doing well. I had two Mk 2/3 Ferrets. They were a lot of fun. Just watch your fingers around the hatches. Especially with the kids; hatches should be LOCKED, either open or closed.

panzerwillie

Welcome

Welcome to the SS, very nice vehicle , i have a MK1 taking all apart to the last bolt hope to start working on it with in the next year or as soon as i finish my track good luck with it...
20121021_175509.jpg20130317_134807.jpg

Taco Bell

Gents my ferret is done. On the road with the iPad and can't update with tapatalk so if you google Texas ferret restoration my page will come up. Let me know what you think. Semper Fi Mitchell

B3.3T

The original pump is not that hard to access by removing the left battery and accessing through the left escape hatch. I never had any problems with the stock mechanical pump as the Ferret is virtually a gravity feed system anyway given the tank location. I would purchase a rebuilt pump or rebuild kit from Marcus Glenn or others and just leave it stock. You would be well advised to get a shop manual for the Ferret, too. They are well done and well worth it. Usually on eBay, or find Green Machines on eBay or Milweb.net Otherwise Google it all.

panzerwillie

You can do it like B3.3t explains, it takes time and you need to be flexible i done a few before doing a SARASEN as we speak just got it running, if still interested on how to do the electric call me 305-218-0640 Eastern time 10 AM to 4PM will explain have FUN :idea:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks