• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Baton Rouge, Louisiana M1008

grantpo

Hello from the South!! Bought a 1984 M1008 for $1500 yesterday it is not running and the P.O. did an extreme hack job of the wiring. Will be attempting to get it straightened out and will most definitely have questions for you experts. lol If all fails I'll be swapping in a SBC or BBC. This is my first diesel, previously had 72 C10 4x4, 1989 K5 4x4, and 1984 K5 4x4. She's not the pretties thing but looks tough.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from further south than the south. Don't give up on the 6.2 yet. Familiarize yourself with posting pics, we're gonna need them.

grantpo

Welcome aboard from further south than the south. Don't give up on the 6.2 yet. Familiarize yourself with posting pics, we're gonna need them.
I'm sure yall have a sticky on posting pics. if you could point me in that direction I'd appreciate it. I noticed they didn't work the way I normally do them on other forums.

ke5eua

Only because the tractor won't hold it up!
Ok, I laughed pretty good at that one.

Truck is at the house, tractor is at grandparents where you dropped the tires off. Almost had to go get the tractor when I sunk the front end in the ditch though.

Oh, and for nerves on edge moment. I put the passenger side on stands and as I'm lowering the jack all I could pray for was for the driveway to hold. Hearing the creaking of it made me so nervous.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks