• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from CA (M1102)

NuclearPuppy238

Nice to meet you all,

We finished the recovery of our first M1102 trailer just about a week ago without incident. We towed it back home just under 600 miles.

Looking forward to leaning more about my new trailer and learning how to fix issues when they come up.

tobyS

Welcome to the green (and tan) iron addiction.

FYI this is what one looks like when it's cut up (I'm mounting an electronic equipment shelter). They are aluminum uni-body and I believe use stainless steel rivets, which are hard to remove without getting into the aluminum they are holding.

Attachments

NuclearPuppy238

I might have been in the area......

I had to replace all the amber LED running lights as they were intermittent. Reds are all ok, for now. Found some 12V 2 LED types to get up and running sooner, but also noticed there is a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer. Wrote them, and so far no reply yet..... maybe a phone call little later to help the situation. 3 LED Omni volt types are little pricey.

Then will see about addressing the 3/8" wood thorn in the center of one of the tires. Maybe see about how to repair it, or get someone to repair it for me who has the experience. Family members are not happy I work on a 2 piece rim for reasons of bodily harm if I never did that before.

Then after that, how to patch the pin holes in the canvas top to get a few more years out of it.

Other than those minor things, I am very happy with the trailer.

tobyS

thorn in the center of one of the tires. Maybe see about how to repair it, or get someone to repair it for me who has the experience. Family members are not happy I work on a 2 piece rim for reasons of bodily harm if I never did that before.
These bolt together rims are not like the type that have a ring in a grove and have become legendary for exploding, coming apart catastrophically. They are not one and the same (assuming your talking about a Hummer tire/wheel).

NuclearPuppy238

These bolt together rims are not like the type that have a ring in a grove and have become legendary for exploding, coming apart catastrophically. They are not one and the same (assuming your talking about a Hummer tire/wheel).

My uncle's experience was with fire trucks, so might be as you say. I think breaking the rim apart might need a new O-ring, and may or may not need all new nuts. Not sure if they are use once or not.

tobyS

My uncle's experience was with fire trucks, so might be as you say. I think breaking the rim apart might need a new O-ring, and may or may not need all new nuts. Not sure if they are use once or not.
I have some like that on my F600 boomtruck. I traded out for tires from 105 trailers to give it new shoes and I was happy to use the entire tire/rim. The bolt together used on the 1102 is different.

Re-use the nuts unless they have been damaged or pulled threads.

DeadParrot

If those tires turn out to be beyond repair, you can replace the rims with 8 hole Chevy pickup rims from the 90s~00s period. Some 8 hole Ford and Dodge rims work as well. Will also let you run shorter tires so your trailer will sit more level.

NuclearPuppy238

Question about the M1101/2 TM. I see the one I can get all over the place is a bit old. Is there any that is newer with current part#s that work with such trailer? I see a website which has bearing kits, and brake assemblies, but not sure if they will fit my 2009 M1102. Ideas?