• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from CA

windtrader

Total noobie on buying, titling, registering, insuring and on road driving a Humvee.

I'm finding the topic is broad and somewhat unclear and changing. I am looking at a 1992 M998 that has a CA title and registration, done before 2017.

Have you heard of an already issued title being revoked by CA DMV or are they thus far in the clear? There are so many regulations here and always subject to change that there is never anything forever certain here on vehicles like these.

The other option is to by one surplus, get the SF-97 and use a service like these folks https://hmmwvregistration.com/ to do the titling and registration assigned a LLC in Montana. It seems it is not an on-road title but off-road. Some mention on this site to set up a trust then place the vehicle in the trust.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks