• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from central NY

XchaosX

I have always wanted an m35 and the bobbed trucks have always caught me eye. I've started heating my home with wood this year and have been looking for a larger truck to haul wood with. I happened to drive by a bobbed m35 for sale near me and figured it would be perfect. After doing some research on here and finding out all the different options that came on these trucks. I want a hard top, heater, winch, drop sides or maybe even a dump bed and the truck for sale has none of those. I find out it gets expensive adding the parts afterwards instead of buying truck that already has them. Now i'm thinking of buying a truck with everything I want and putting larger singles on atleast with possiblity of bobbing it later or paying more for a truck already bobbed with everything already on it.

Last edited:

jatonka

welcome to the site, you can learn a lot here. When you want, email me through my website, and I can show you some trucks. I have a deuce with dump bedhoist, winch, hardtop and heat you can take a look at. I have more hoists and winches and hardtops around all the while. John T

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's your idea of central ny?

Scarecrow1

Welcome to the site . I am a little confused as to what you intend on using the truck for . If you are going to tow a trailer then a bobbed Deuce is fine but if your going to haul wood in the bed I wouldn't. There is a really good guy in NJ his name is Gem1410 and he has a nice bunch of trucks and knows just what may fit your needs. In fact their are a lot of members up in your area so finding one shouldn't be that hard.......Good luck

Last edited:

XchaosX

Well I was looking for a older 1 ton to save my dd 1/2 ton from getting so beat up. When I ran across the the m35, perfect excuse to get the truck i've always wanted. Even have the wife talked into it, but now I have to get her a new car. I would use the truck for hunting trips, camping, range trips( doesnt look like that will happen in NY much longer), and hauling firewood. Scarecrow, why wouldnt you haul wood in bobbed deuce? I wouldnt be going far or that big of loads. I do plan on using a trailer too.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, about an hour north of Binghamton.
About hour south of Syracuse
:-|

Now I am a little confused!! (and that's not hard to do) nor am I trying to infer you are Amish or anything (travel by horse n buggy!) - but Binghamton Syracuse is about an hour, straight up I 81 (~70 miles)!

You do not need to explain if you are trying to keep your location below the radar - I quite understand (See also discusion in the member map thread) however I am always checking new members to see who is nearby and midway between Syr and Bing - maybe Cortland'ish is nearer me!!!

Take care - maybe catchup sometime! Car show in Norwich has a milveh section - I think it's Memorial day weekend? (May). Unless of course you just want an ex mil truck and not realy into the collector thing.....

197thhhc

Welcome from Ohio. Bobbed deuces have a lower hauling capacity than a regular deuce because of the missing axle. But they will still haul way more than a 1 ton truck. I think you will love a bobber.

m816

Welcome from Rockstream, NY. My second home, 90 miles west of Binghampton. Senaca Lake. puts us midway between Rochester and Syracuse

XchaosX

:-|

Now I am a little confused!! (and that's not hard to do) nor am I trying to infer you are Amish or anything (travel by horse n buggy!) - but Binghamton Syracuse is about an hour, straight up I 81 (~70 miles)!

You do not need to explain if you are trying to keep your location below the radar - I quite understand (See also discusion in the member map thread) however I am always checking new members to see who is nearby and midway between Syr and Bing - maybe Cortland'ish is nearer me!!!

Take care - maybe catchup sometime! Car show in Norwich has a milveh section - I think it's Memorial day weekend? (May). Unless of course you just want an ex mil truck and not realy into the collector thing.....
Haha, well I am in Amish country. They have been buying up quite a few farms in this area over the last fews years. I live right off route 12 about 10 miles north of Norwich. I usually go to the car show, hopefully i'll have a truck to take this year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks