• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new from georgia

hauntedhouse

Hey guys,
I'm new to cucv's, just learned of the m1009 recently while shopping for k5's, and... They're the most beautiful thing I I've ever seen :mrgreen:
And then I discovered the m1008, and... Now all I can think about is cucvs lol.

I'm torn as to which one to get. The m1009 is my dream truck- a military grade diesel k5.
But an m1008 would be much more useful for what I plan to use it for, which is carrying a jonboat in the back of it. But as it will be mostly used for highway travel to different lakes, I'm learning through exstensive reading that I'm probably going to need to do a tranny swap.

So the plan is- get an m1008, swap in a 700r4(and other upgrades over time) and keep it till I(edit) die.
Perhaps down the road I will pick up an m1009 too and use it as a daily driver/recreational vehicle/hunting truck.

While I'm new here, I'm not new to forums. I promise to refrain from asking redundant
newb questions and will read & use the search function & faq's diligently. I'm looking forward to calling this place home and will contribute as much as possible down the road as I learn more.

Many thanks in advance & happy holidays to all!

Last edited by a moderator:

slantflat

Howdy and welcome from Stockbridge. I had an M1008 once, great truck wish I still had it. Swapping in a 700 will help with highway speeds, though I don't know exactly how much. One thing about the M1008, it will jar your insides loose. Never had any experience with the Blazers.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the madness . I would edit my posts as quick as I could before you get bit by the dog or other moderators. No cursing.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from the Commonwealth of Kentucky, You'r in a great state full of MV enthusiasts. You're close to a lot of fun...
JC

hauntedhouse

Thank you guys for the warm welcome! (And sorry about the language). I'm in north Atlanta, but moving to Stockbridge next year if I get the house I'm hoping to get. been living out in California the past few years but glad to be back in the south, as this is home.

A rally sounds amazing, I'll definitely be there! I pick & choose my hobbies carefully as I tend to get a bit obsessed once I get into something. I stayed up till 5am last night searching through craigslist ads for every city in the southern states lol.
I'm really looking forward to getting into mv's(m1008 & m1009 specificly). Hoping to get one by summer 2014.

Thanks again for having me!

Last edited:

slantflat

Are you kidding me? The whole metro Atlanta area and you chose Stockbridge? Well, it will be cool having someone close by that can keep me motivated to work on my truck.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I'm just a couple miles off Hwy 138.

zout

Welcome from over here in Lilburn - the Ga Mafia Eastern Probie area.

Keep your eye on the thread Zout Cookout coming up at the end of April - just follow the thread and it will answer any question you have. And yes that includes you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks