• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Long Island

slmanella

Been waiting a few months to get things going
and got things squared away this past weekend.
1991 2dr w/6.5 GEP.
Looking to make the conversion to 4 door asap.

Any other Long Islanders here??

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck and welcome to the madness.

Looks like you made a very important safety upgrade to have all matching rims with radials all the same size! Those 8 bolt bias tires are very old.

orgnal

1991 2dr w/6.5 GEP.

Congratulations on your acquisition and welcome to this forum!

McReddy

desmodromic

1991 2dr w/6.5 GEP.

Welcome and congrats. There are definitely at least a few of us on the Island. Your best bet is to get a new top/frame/door package from Breton Industries. I have a bunch of NOS parts sitting in my warehouse that need to see the light of day again should you need any.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Nice HMMWV. Oh the memories it brings back. Heck the vast majority of HMMWV's I had since 1989 were 2 door versions.

Where at in Long Island? I used to have to go to Rocky Point monthly for 2 years when I was living on SINY. There was a Nike Missile base up there.

Spousal unit is from LINY.

slmanella

i’m out in Westhampton. i’ve got a lead on a new 2man setup to replace the aging doors/top on this one. might just snag that up and work out the 4 man setup down the road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks