• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new from Ma

acon

going to grab an m105 on sunday for $500 private sale with all bows and mint tarp. pretty stoked. trailer is in 8/10 condition.
will keep in current condition for a while minus paint to match my truck and bed liner to protect it from all the crap I'll throw in it but i will be swapping the axle and wheels for a 7,000# electric brake with cable e-brake so i can keep the handles and 8 lug hubs for a matched set behind my truck. i'm on 37" tires and a 2500 Cummins.

i've been stalking this site for a while and finally joined and pulled the trigger on the trailer.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome from Cape Cod. Where in MA are you? I bought an M105A2 in NJ at Fort Dix in real good condition for $200. Thought it was a steal! The only problem was the MV desease reared it's ugly head and I had to get a 5 ton to tow it :driver:

acon

Welcome from Cape Cod. Where in MA are you? I bought an M105A2 in NJ at Fort Dix in real good condition for $200. Thought it was a steal! The only problem was the MV desease reared it's ugly head and I had to get a 5 ton to tow it :driver:

I'm in Abington. I've got a friend that lives in Sandwich though and used to spend a lot of time there. Also have family on the cape, we take our boat down once or twice a year too.

This trailer is in real good shape, no rot, some surface rusty but the bed is perfect. The canvas looks brand new but left out under leaves for 1 year. The axle rolls real well on uneven grass as it was in the sellers backyard when we looked. He said he towed it from the north shore and checked the bearings every 15-20 miles and they were cool. He was actually bummed it wouldn't work for his project.
I grabbed.some magnetic lights for the ride home tomorrow and I'm bringing my torch and wrench and big hammer to see if the hitch will spin. I'll offer up the harness to anyone willing to pay shipping when I get to that point. Actually the axle and brakes will be going but that will honestly be a couple years out. Other projects in the works. I just going to make it useable for now.

The short term, this will be a utility trailer and wood hauler. Over the next year or so, I'm going to add ladder/lumber racks and use it for my home remodeling projects and the small amount of side jobs that I still do. It will be for carrying long things, not really heavy things, I wouldn't do that with a single axle, high COG trailer.
Next would be to have a custom cover made that works with the bows used in the stake pockets and not on top of the side rails. This would be for travel/family trips and rare camping.
Finally a sort of "overland trailer" although I live in New England so the worst this would see is an open farm field during hunting season, dirt road or fire road that's why I don't mind the 105. Most would say I should get a m101 or m1101 but with my truck, the weight won't be a problem, I plan on dropping a few leafs and eventually swapping the axle so it is perfect for me. I like the huge bed on it. Plus, I generate a ton of scrap some how. It can sit in there until ready for a scrap yard run.

Last edited:

acon

How was.massrmv with registration?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky, all it takes is one M105 and the addiction can take hold for a very long time. Plus the trailer looks better behind a deuce/5 ton.
Have fun,
JC

acon

My plan is Brockton. Have you driven through Brockton? They obviously let anything slide.

I am not sure what we are going to do to transfer.ownership. I forgot to ask the sellers but if it's a.Bill of sale and I have to pay to title it, I'm not really concerned as long as it isn't multiple trips to the rmv.

acon

Welcome from Kentucky, all it takes is one M105 and the addiction can take hold for a very long time. Plus the trailer looks better behind a deuce/5 ton.
Have fun,
JC
No Military truck's for me. I like heated leather and 26mpg. I am a big fan of trailers though.

Closest I'll get is an H1 some day but only because they are awesome and comfortable.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi

I took the Deuce to the MA State Diesel Trucker show this summer at the fair grounds! It was awesome! Will do it again! You wouldn't be the first to put leather seat in an MV! LOL The newer Capt Seats are nice in Hummers and they have heat!:jumpin:

acon

Small trailers 3000# capacity and under don't need a title. I might just say it's 2995# capacity. Trailer looks good. I'll have pictures tomorrow when I take it home and when I get it cleaned up.

acon

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w652/consoan/IMAG0110_zpsltfg9bia.jpg
so the picture with the truck was at the seller's home. lunette in high position and my truck was low on a slope that you cant tell. on flat ground it wasn't bad. flipped eye and it will be almost flat.
so i opened up the canvas at the seller's home the other day but never noticed that there was a second, perfectly intact canvas under the one i opened, SCORE!!!! they just both have some rust stains from a piece of 1/8" scrap sitting between them.
Got it home and somewhat cleaned up. it's an A2 out of some manufacturing place in Pa. I forget what company. didn't realize that one side was right hand thread and the other were left hand thread lugs. that's got to go soon.
got it home, cleaned out the leaves and muck. tomorrow i'll power wash it from top to bottom and torch the eye to free it, couldn't even lossen the nut today