• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new from maryland

poopypants

new member here from maryland.
i bought someones project truck off craigslist and no one talked me out of it...
I'm glad though because i really like it.
I'm a relatively experienced jeep/offroader (depending on who you ask) and i have a couple jeeps on the parking pad but i always wanted an M715 to mess around with.
I am new to military vehicles and all associated acronyms ha.

anyway i bought this truck and brought it home and sat on it for a while and now I'm ready to tinker...i met with a guy today looking for some parts and he turned me on to SS.

it is a hybrid of parts so i will probably be in the wrong sections to start so be easy on a brother :cool:

IMG_2944.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from N GA. That truck looks pretty solid. It appears to be sitting on deuce axles. Would like to hear more about it. Check out the M715 Zone as well. 715s of any type are welcome here.

poopypants

thanks guys...
recovry4x4 i am just starting to dig into it...i bought it a couple months ago and its just been sitting.
the PO did everything to it so far...2.5 axel swap and the drivetrain is not original.
currently has a SBC and th400/205 though i pulled the 400 to have the correct output shaft put in.
i know a guy who is selling his 4BT/th400 setup and it got my wheels turning because that would be cool :cool:

IMG_3267.JPG

i did mess around last weekend and made a winch plate for it...not sure i like it but its temporary just to kick around.
would like to eventually do an 8274

IMG_3227.jpg

poopypants

Thanks guys...
Carter a manual would be sweet.
Hey I'm confident enough to laugh at my idiot newb moments...as in a manual would have been nice as I broke a 1/2" breaker bar on a driver front lug nut.
"Oh hey what's that big L stamp on the stud and lug nut...I shall search on my new favorite site SS"
Doh

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks