• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from maryland

Dkbmx256

Hello everyone im new here and have a question. I will be going to look at some m135a2's for sale sometime this week and was just wondering what should i look for when im looking at these as far as good and bad. Thanks any help will be appreciated.
Brandon

midcounty

Where in MD are you? PM me some time and I will be glad to help where I can. Don't jump at the first thing you see. Once you learn about them you will find there is much more to it then just buying a running truck. Shop around and know what to look for and you will find a good deal on a long lasting good truck with the options you want.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
welcome..Take your time and do some research,talk to some people.Dont be afraid to ask questions,good luck.

DieselBob

Welcome to the addiction. As was said by midcounty and jcappeljr take your time and don't jump at the first shinny prize you see. Do your research, figure what is a must have and what isn't and ask questions. One very big thing in the “Peoples Republic of Maryland” is be sure you get a title for the truck otherwise it will be a very expensive yard decoration.

Dkbmx256

Im from hagerstown md btw.
Thanks for the advice everyone. Is the any big things to look out for when im looking at these though?

1redgmc

Thanks for the advice everyone. Is the any big things to look out for when im looking at these though?
I'm 25 minutes south of you in Bunker Hill, WV

PM me and I will give you my cell number. You can come check mine out and I'll answer any questions you might have. I sure don't know everything (nor would I ever claim to) but I will share with you everything I have learned the hard way.

:driver:

1redgmc

Oh, yes... ALWAYS BUY A TRUCK WITH A TITLE !!!!

Even if it costs you a little more, it is worth to NOT have the title nightmare I am going through.

midcounty

Look for leaking injection pump or brakes leaking or not working. Sometimes those two things can lead to costly repairs. If buying privately ask a lot of questions and find out if th e person did any maintenance and such after they bought it from GL. A lot of people buy from GL, don't do anything to the truck, then sell for big mark ups. There are others who will go over the trucks, make needed repairs, change all fluids and filters, and have the truck road ready with a title when they sell it. If hyou are going to pay a higher price, be sure to get what you are paying for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks