• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new from missouri

72m35a2

new from missouri re added some pics

hello im the proud new owner of a 1972 m35a2 mutifueld engine ldt-465d i think it is no whistler turbo. i wanted one of these for 20 yrs:naner: needs alot of tlc but it runs and drives great!

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

Welcome from Kansas City, MO. Be sure to search for the thread on the KAMO Rally this fall at the D-Day Adventure Park. It's a fun weekend and a great time to put your truck through its paces.

72m35a2

here are some pick off just how i got it yesterday. i just got done power washing it all the mold is off of it and looks pretty good with no rust threw. all little about me i been restoring old john deere tractors,vintage chainsaws,cars,trucks,air compressors ect. i can weld -final paint. this is my first military vehicle. so im gonna need some help from you guys im sure on some things. i dont plan on a full restoration just a good working resto.

pick of exhaust elbow i had to fab out of crude material i had on hand as nobody had 3 1/2 pipe took me almost all day to make that piece but the original was completly rotted out so needed something right away not pretty but functional. thats what im gonna love about this truck as it dont have to be perfect just functional and well kept.

thanks for any advice:-D

Attachments

72m35a2

have the canvas roof but it dont attach in the front for some reason so it flops when driving so had to remove it to drive home. havent looked into it yet hope its a easy fix. so put a motorcycle cover over the roof for now to keep the rain out

also good thing i live in a subdivision with no home owners asscociation:naner:

Last edited:

Roaddog58

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The threads have a tendency to dissolve, we take the top off and the strip and use goop rubber cement and clamps to glue them together again. also greetings from OHIO.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from Nevada. I have a 1972 M35A2C myself. Before I got the green fever I had been restoring Harley-Davidson & Indian motorcycles. You've got a good looking truck to start with, and it doesn't look like it needs a whole lot of work. Lots of good folks here willing to help you over the bumps. Get familiar with your Tm's (tech manuals)......all the best.[thumbzup]

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site, hobby, friendships, and events to come. That is a nice base truck for you get into the hobby with. And you repair methods are just fine, you will most probably need more of them in the near future. I noticed it seems to have a red side light facing forward?, or is that just the camera.

Stein12501

Welcome to the site. I live just east of Jefferson City, MO. I have a 1970 M35A2 that I have had for about 5 years and I love it. It's amazing how many people will stop you and want to relive an experience that they had driving a Deuce. Congrats and good luck!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks