• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from New Hampshire

BadRide4x4

Hi there I'm Brian.

Just picked up this 1971 M35A2 from some fine gentlemen in Hillsboro county VVA. They did some resto and used it to run parades down in Boston.

Ideas...

Steering and break upgrades, super singles, cab/bed/frame modification. The usual I guess. There are some minor things I want to do for now like tuck the fuel tank up under the frame rails or put it in the bed and maybe some smaller steps.

Mainly I want to drive it. What a blast.

Can't wait to learn from you all and make my truck even more bad.

Attachments

BadRide4x4

Drove her all day and all I have to say is wow! I love it, Everyone else loves it. I think I am addicted. Feel like I'm becoming one with the truck. Dump bed and winch are my first mods for sure.

Fast duck

Hay all I'm a noob looking for a truck in nh area. I would like to bob it. If that helps at all. If any body has hints on where to look or if they want to sell one and don't want to steal all my money that would be great. Also what's the deal with the govt liquidations is that a good route to get a truck?

196thprober

Hi there I'm Brian.

Just picked up this 1971 M35A2 from some fine gentlemen in Hillsboro county VVA. They did some resto and used it to run parades down in Boston.

Ideas...

Steering and break upgrades, super singles, cab/bed/frame modification. The usual I guess. There are some minor things I want to do for now like tuck the fuel tank up under the frame rails or put it in the bed and maybe some smaller steps.

Mainly I want to drive it. What a blast.

Can't wait to learn from you all and make my truck even more bad.
Brian, welcome to Steel Soldiers from Michigan! Good looking truck; read and read and good luck with you intended modifications; no doubt you'll come up with more as you check everything out.

Vintage iron

There are plenty of trucks for sale here on SS. The prices maybe a little higher but you will be buying from a guy who knows about the truck. Gov liquidation can be a good place too! The most important thing is to know about what you are buying. Good luck and read up in the forums.

Fast duck

Know what im buying meaning? A old military truck? Or something else? This would not be my first military vehicle. It would be my 3 my first car was a 53 willys jeep round fender. I own a 47 cj2 both were military. But it's time to move up in the world to a big guy.

Vintage iron

I meant larger trucks don't accelerate fast or stop fast! M35 don't have power steering those. That kind of thing. Good luck with your next military truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks