• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from North Carolina

ncreb

Hello all,

I am about as new as they get here. Therefore let me introduce myself.

I have never been one to hide my light under a bushel, so this may be more than is required. However I tend to be a very open fellow.

My name is Andy...that'll do for now. I am married to my very best friend in the whole world Beth. Together we have two beautiful children. A 5 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. We also have a third child, another little girl, due in October. We live in Central North Carolina.

I am a Christian man who tries to live my life in order to please my Maker. I am a deacon at our church and enjoy worshiping with my church family.

By day I am a High School Shop teacher. Specifically Agricultural Mechanics. As such I am also an FFA Advisor which keeps me very busy.

I own a Gun business in partnership with my brother. Together we hold a simple Class 1 FFL.

Like many I love to hunt, fish, and generally be outdoors. I have been a Civil War reenactor for over 17 years, and love all military history.

That gets me to why I am here. I have a 1943 Willys MB jeep that I found in heaps and have spent three years + working on it (see avatar) I love the little thing, and every minute I've spent on it has been enjoyable. I kow they are not truely meant to be together, but I also have a 1951 M100 trailer that I pull behind it.

I have spent some time putting together as accurate an impression as I can (being a man of my generous stature) for a Pre/early WWII machine gunner, as I also have an early WWII semi 1917a1. I really enjoy displaying the vehicle and weapons at local events.

My addiction has only gotten worse, and I have been actively seeking other WWII era vehicles. I'd really like to find an economy Dodge WC of any kind. I dream of owning a half-track, but realistically understand that my pockets are not that deep. I have to purchase my projects cheap or trade for them. Then it is the nickle and dime process. What I lack in finances I make up for in patience, pesistence, and ingenuity.

I have spent only an hour or two exploring this site, and can already see that I will learn much from the knowledge and resources here.

God Bless!

Welcome to the site. Ncreb,names john aka Southernsteel you have some old salts on here that really love those willys.So your in good company.Im a civil war history buff myself.I have family that were apart of the confederacy on both sides one on each side my mother and one on my fathers side.Im a native of this great state , Im out here by camp lejeune marine corps base.[thumbzup]

ncreb

I am familiar with that area. I spend a lot of time at Fort Macon, and have quite a few retired Marine buddies that are also Civil War reenactors with me.

I have always loved CW History. I had 7 of 8 Great Great grandfathers who served in the war. Amazingly enough 6 came home.

The first two days of the Battle of Bentonville (near Four Oaks/Newton Grove NC) were fought on my ancestors farm. My dad was born there in 1936 and grew up plowing up rifle barrels, shell fragments etc. The first year my grandparents were married in 1918, the lived in what is now known as "The Harper House" . It was used as a Union Field hospital during and after the battle. It is now part of the State historic site and used as a museum exhibit.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site from North Georgia. You've come to the right place. I have a lot of relatives in your area of NC.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks