• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from North Texas

JEMartin

Howdy All,

This site has been a wealth of information so far.

I picked up my first Deuce 2 weeks ago. Running very well. Checked out the breaks, not great but usable. All lights working. Air Assist steering. It was already singled out with 395/85R20’s using wheels I have not seen before. The LF had a crack in it which gave me a concern for the drive from Houston to Dallas. Should have gone with me gut and swapped it the NDT spare. It gave out an hour down the road. Moved a center axel wheel to the front and put the NDT on the center. The rest of the trip was uneventful.

Let the rehab begin. Moved the deuce to the back yard to start the work on wheels and the air assist pack is now constantly venting. I guess before I can go I should be able to stop. Going to start on the air pack this weekend.

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site and hobby. Just to say YES you should have swapped out the faulty wheel before travelling, could have been very costly, and not just in parts. Good to see you are now going to check it all through and make good. You might find by wiggling (pulling) the steering wheel left and right to where there is resistance, the air valve stops blowing off.

machinist75

Howdy from just east of Plano. I bought a deuce in Alvin just outside of Houston. The alternator crapped out and had to drive back home without any lights.

SignalNco

Welcome from the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Good luck with the Deuce. Just took mine on it's first run over the weekend a short distance down the road and back. Just waiting for some better weather here so I can do some more work. COME ON SPRING!!