• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from NW Arkansas

dc9137

Hi all. I have been lurking for a while researching things and finally won a M1009 yesterday. It's in pretty rough shape but I got it pretty cheap (I think) and it's a father/daughter project so we plan on tearing it down to the frame and rebuilding. I'm guessing it will be a huge undertaking but I can't wait! Already learning tons from the forums. TM's will be my friend!!!

ARYankee

Glad to see another fellow Arkansan on here :) Welcome to the site!! If you need any help or info, just let me know. I bought my M1009 last December and finally got it running in July. Now I'm just making repairs and whatever else needs to be done.

dc9137

Thanks! I'm sure I'll need plenty of info and guidance. I'm not a mechanic or anything so I'll mostly be learning as I go. That's the fun part though...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Start saving ypur pennies and gathering parts. You have your work cut out for you.

Exterior looks complete except for the brush guard and mirrors for the doors.

The engine compartment is another story. Not impossible to fix.

Just a few things I see missing:

batteries
wiper motor
alternators and brackets
radiator, shroud and fan
power steering pump is there but I don't see all the brackets
accelerator cable is disconnected along with the intake manifold.
The wiring may be fun to figure out.

I had made a low bid on the truck as the body looks rust free. I have a complete one but the body looks like swiss cheese. I call the truck "Rusty". I had planed on swapping parts

Last edited:

dc9137

I was bidding on the other one but it got too high. I figure even if I have to get a whole new motor I could use this one for parts. We'll see. As they say, it's about the journey...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks