• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Ohio

atvaddict

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and to MV's in general. I decided I wanted a deuce a couple months ago. I have a 91 Toyota 4x4 pick-up now, and after torturing myself trying to find out why it wasn't starting for 2 weeks (turns out it was the computer) I was looking for something big, old, and diesel.
I looked at about 26 trucks and finally found the one on here. It has the drop sides, which I think is a great feature. It doesn't have a winch, but I'm going to put one on. I've driven fire trucks and tankers of this size but never anything like the deuce. I only putted around in them for a test drive, so it was all new to me. I ended up driving it home, 3 hour drive...so I figured that should give me enough time to get it down lol. I was towing an m332 ammo trailer also, one of those package deals you know? I have to admit, driving down I 480 during rush hour was the most fun I've had in a while. People seem to move out of the way pretty good! I've put over 200 miles on it since last week, everyone loves it! Even my insurance man. I took it back in the woods grubbed a couple small stumps with it, and played around admiring that awesome rear articulation. What fun! I cant wait to put it to work. All it really needs is a little weather stripping and some paint. Of course my little brother thinks its the greatest thing when i picked him up from school in it. :grin:

This is a great forum! I've learned so much from browsing here, and I've answered almost all of my questions so far. Makes me a lot more confident about repairs. Thanks to you guys, I've learned drivers side has left hand thread wheel studs!....but not until after we stripped the gears in our big ratchet! Haha, but at least its a craftsman.

I'll try to post some pictures up of my new toy!

Thanks,
Galen

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get the truck and trailer from Shiloh? I know Lance had a M35 and ammo trailer for sale.

Welcome! Your about 3 hours from me by car.

Dennis

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard, I'm just about due south of you in Cambridge Ohio. That's a beauty you got from the picture jpcj posted. I'm impatiently waiting to pick up my first one in WI in a couple of weeks. Looks like there are a lot of members from the buckeye state.

crazyplowboy

Woo Hoo another Ohio member, We are beginning to take over :twisted:

You'll be happy with that truck, I was looking at it at the findlay rally. I thought about getting it myself but I don't have enough time for the stuff that I already have. I got my truck from Lance too and he's definitely a straight shooter that won't rip off anyone or sell them junk.

Garandfan

I wish I could get photos of mine uploaded. I am a new member also in Ohio. Interesting thing about mine is that I found a customs ticket from Kuwait to USA, stamped Operation Iraqi Freedom in the glove box. I laminated it of course. I have a legit veteran!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site to both of you. Even if you don't bring your truck to Haspin you could camp out one night. Due to an injury I can't drive either truck that long (and it's a short drive for me).

I think gimp is putting on a demo of how many ways you can squeeze oil out of a Deuce. ;-)

steve

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, but I get picked ou for bad luck, not for being a geek.

OUCH! That was harsh, I'm kinda sorry. No, not really.:twisted:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks