• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Oregon

MiniMonster

I registered because you guys have the most tech about MDTs I could find. I recently picked up a 95 Ford F800 with 8.3 Cummins. From what I've found it shares many parts with the Cummins in the 5 tons.

Last week a pair of narrow Axletech 4000s followed me home and now I'm gathering parts to make them fit under the F800 along with 16R20 Michelins.

Which would forum section would be best to ask questions about my 8.3 and Axletechs? Thanks

Last edited:

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good info on Cummins 8.3 6CTA engines in both the 5-ton thread and the 5-ton Hot-Rodding/Modifications thread.

As for the Axletech axles, I've noticed tidbits in several different threads about them; Search will be your friend on those. Which axles are they? That company supplied drivelines for various MRAPs.

Welcome aboard!

Any pics of your truck available?

MiniMonster

Thanks guys. I added several pictures but they must have been too large and were deleted. I'll resize a couple to the magic 320x320 size.

The searches I've been doing keep bringing me back here. There is not much online discussion of civi MDTs.

Axles I have are the narrow (85" WMS) Axletech 4000 with CTIS and 5.65 total ratio.

MiniMonster

Well all of my posts have disappeared, presumably due to pictures. I re-sized them to less than 320-320 but still no go. Maybe this site is not worth the hassle of posting.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go on search, and type in "how to post pictures a tutorial". Clinto makes it easy. This site is well worth the effort, don't give up!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well all of my posts have disappeared, presumably due to pictures. I re-sized them to less than 320-320 but still no go. Maybe this site is not worth the hassle of posting.
As a new member with a low post count the system automatically flags posts for moderator approval when they include links to pictures or websites. Since your posts included links to photobucket they where flagged.

Also on this forum we encourage members to upload their pictures here and not use photo hosting sites. This allows the pictures to survive if the member clears out their external picture hosting. I don't know how many times I have searched the web for help with a problem and the a pictures have been deleted years ago.

Your posts have been approved.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks