• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New From PA

Ecurb

Hello, been lurking around for a few weeks now. I'm kinda new to this hobby,my Dad got a 1955 M38A1 about 8 or 9 years ago, between the 2 of us we have worked on it slowly, last year, with his failing health,I got to take him and his jeep to one car show,he was really proud of it. Well, Dad passed away in Nov. this year, so my Mom thought it was fitting that this jeep should be mine. So here I am, the proud owner of my Dads jeep. I'm planning a new paint job in the spring,with new stars and other markings.The markings on the bumpers are my dads unit,and he was a sarg. of the mess hall. (Mess1 ) hood numbers are his miltary number. Only change I'm making to these is, across bottom of windshield frame, letters will read, In Memory of Dad , I'm sure he would aprove!!! Here are a few pictures,and thanks for a great site,and I'm sure I will be asking a lot of questions.Last pic is my Dad the day he got the jeep,he was pretty proud! BruceJeep12.jpg100_1935.jpgjeep.jpg

Last edited:

Ecurb

Well almost a year later this is what the jeep now looks like, new paint, new tires & many hours of hard work, but its all worth it!!!! Having a ball driving it and showing it off!!jeep92.jpgjeep93.jpgjeep94.jpgjeep95.jpgjeep75.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks