• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from south west wisconsin

M 1028

Finally bought one of these trucks. Been out bid too may time but not this time:) Hopefully I can can get some good information to get this thing running. As of right now I'm looking at a M 1028 55000 miles with two dead batteries changed one out and no power but after 10 hours of driving I'm gonna leave it for another day. Is there a main power switch on a truck like this or is it like any other diesel with a wait to start light and crank it up with the key. Thanks in advance.:neutral:

jacques1

Finally bought one of these trucks. Been out bid too may time but not this time:) Hopefully I can can get some good information to get this thing running. As of right now I'm looking at a M 1028 55000 miles with two dead batteries changed one out and no power but after 10 hours of driving I'm gonna leave it for another day. Is there a main power switch on a truck like this or is it like any other diesel with a wait to start light and crank it up with the key. Thanks in advance.:neutral:
Hi Nice to meet you. Like you i'm also a new member of the forum.

M 1028

What do you have is there a main power switch you have to engage to have power other than your key switch? I have two switches by my head lights one is for black lights and the other is?

dogtags

As of right now I'm looking at a M 1028 55000 miles with two dead batteries changed one out and no power but after 10 hours of driving I'm gonna leave it for another day.
In the -10 you will find that your truck is a 24volt system. If both batteries are dead, you will need to change both out with good ones. See page 1-16 at http://test.steelsoldiers.com/upload/CUCV/TM9-2320-289-10.pdf

Is there a main power switch on a truck like this or is it like any other diesel with a wait to start light and crank it up with the key. Thanks in advance.:neutral:
What do you have is there a main power switch you have to engage to have power other than your key switch? I have two switches by my head lights one is for black lights and the other is?
Once again, if you read your -10 (which can still be found at http://test.steelsoldiers.com/upload/CUCV/TM9-2320-289-10.pdf ) you will see on page 2-1 (which is page 40 in the PDF) you will see all your gauges and switches and what they do. You will notice there is no master switch labeled and that there are a bunch of light switches. Read the next page to tell you how to manipulate the switches to get the lights you want on.

Now, please turn to page 2-53 (which is page 91 in the PDF) and read how to start the truck. There is no mention of a master switch. Your truck may have a master switch if someone installed one after leaving military service.

Also, please try and use better punctuation and grammar. People will be more willing to help you out if they can read your post easily.

~Robert

Last edited:

M 1028

Also, please try and use better punctuation and grammar. People will be more willing to help you out if they can read your post easily.
Oh Wow I didn't mean to offend you Robert with my poor punctuation or grammer. Not sure allot of people would have mentioned that. As I mentioned previously I'm working on try to get my truck running so I can use it and I'm a little limited on time. You sound pretty knowledgeable on the subject so I appreciate your response.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks