• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Texas

Darwin T

Welcome to Steel Soldiers for Port Arthur, Texas. :beer: I see you have the "Green Fever". Most of the time there is no cure, and it just gets worse. :shock: I have had it for 4 trucks and 2 trailers. :jumpin:

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for the delay getting back. Work last week was pandemonium.

I don't want a 5-ton because:

a) I don't need anything that big
b) I don't have the licence
c) I'd like to see the high-side of 45mph someday :D

Consequently, I'm looking at getting an A2 multi-fuel turbo. I don't care if it whistles; the engines are rated at the same HP correct?

what does it cost you guys to title/insure these beasts?
I just paid $354 for the tax and title. I think the state tax is 6.25% and I bought my truck for $5140.

I think I pay about $185 for full coverage on insurance based on it being registered as a Former Military Vehicle (FMV). (i.e., not a daily driver and limited use.)

Registration for FMV is something like $55 for five years, but I'm waiting on my title and I have to paint my numbers on the bumper and take a picture. You can also get a FMV tag if you want to put a tag on your truck.

If you register it as a daily driver then registration jumps considerably based on the weight you list (from my understanding.) My State farm rep refused to cover it and was going to find me a commercial insurance account but I went through Gulfway Insurers (800)940-5010 based on positive feedback from members on the board.

Motorcar

If it helps any my M35A2 is registered as a big pick up truck, based on wieght for TX $168 renewal per year...the first time you title it you will pay tax on the purchase price. I didn't go FMV tags so I can drive anytime day or night to work etc. I love my A2 and get more smiles to the miles than any other thing I've had. Fort Polk is closest to you and just sold a bunch two weeks ago for the $500 to $800 dollar range although they were rough. Keep checking the GL site and click "locations" to pull up the sites closest to Beaumont. If you don't go GL you will pay more off Ebay or private seller in most cases, the exception is the classified ads here..some good deals to be had. Good luck and welcome.

Darwin T

read up on the Former Military Vehicle (FMV) tags if you plan on driving it alot.

if you just go with registering it as a pickup unless you plan on hauling gravel or something really heavy only register it for 4,000 pounds carring capasity. if you have a deauce and register it for the full 10,000 pound carring capasity it will be $475.00 a year for you license tags. i know. my M109a3 is registered as a farm truck with 6,000 pounds and it is about $175.00. my first M35a2 is registered as a pick-up with 4,000 pounds about the same $175.00ish. my 3rd deuce which is a little roough in the body i registered as a pickup and the full 10,000 pounds thats how i know about the $475.00.

Krink545

Ok here's a few pics.
First 3 on in Ft Bliss GL lot. #4 stop for the night in Ft Stockton. #5 Fuel and lunch in Ozona. #6&7 previous operators. #8&9 some goodies in the truck there was also a bottle jack and the operating manual. #10 little hill at my buddies place(where going to have to find some bigger hills).

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks