• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new from tx

jackson76550

new here from the big town of lampasas. just bought my first military vehicle.....1970 m35a2..... i basically woke up about a month ago and decided i wanted one.......well needed one haha. ive reseached a bit about them.....looked at some here in tx and most of them are destroyed or incomplete or in mystery condition. so i found a guy in colorado that had a few.....did a little research on shipping, and now i have one in my driveway. for less that the cost of most ive found here semi locally. even had a full tank of fuel

ill get some pictures up tomorrow.

so im sure ill have some dumb questions, and heres the first one

at about 45 mph the truck gets a bit of a driveline vibration.....i wouldnt be suprised if it was normal......but id like to know if every one elses is similar.

Happyland1410

Welcome to the disease I mean hobby! :wink:

I just got my first MV (75 M35A2C) 2 weeks ago so I know how you are feeling. It sounds like you got a nice one. Have fun!

You may have already found these linked on the old steel soldiers site but just in case here are direct links to the M35A2 technical manuals and lubrication order that are invaluable for operating and working on these trucks.

TM 9-2320-361-10 - OPERATOR’S MANUAL

TM 9-2320-361-10 - OPERATOR’S MANUAL (2006 Update)

TM 9-2320-361-20 - UNIT MAINTENANCE

TM 9-2320-361-20P - UNIT MAINTENANCE REPAIR PARTS AND SPECIAL TOOLS LIST

TM 9-2320-361-34 - DIRECT SUPPORT AND GENERAL SUPPORT MAINTENANCE

TM 9-2320-361-34P - DIRECT SUPPORT AND GENERAL SUPPORT MAINTENANCE REPAIR PARTS AND SPECIAL TOOLS LIST

LO 9-2320-209-12-1 - LUBRICATION ORDER

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Jackson, welcome to the site. Nice truck ya got there. I'm suprised you could not find a decent local truck. With Ft Hood right down the road, your area is covered with surplus . . .

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, Jackson:!:

Looks like a decent truck you've gotten yourself.

I'm just "a stone throw away" in San Angelo. A coworker of mine commutes on weekends to her home in Lampasas. (Her hsuband is still at the homeplace.)

TONS of good info and help here.

jackson76550

thanks for the info.

i only looked a few places at trucks.....but most of the trucks i had found from ft hood had been lifted by a forklift so they were worse off than i liked. the good news is parts seem to be plentiful around here. but hopefully i wont need many. :roll:

as far as the fuel, air and oil filters go. can they be had at a good parts store? maybe a part number for them?

thanks in advance for any more questions i may think of

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy from down the ways! You say you got your truck from Colorado..it wouldnt be Black Hawk, Colorado would it? I saw those deuces on ebay motors a few weeks ago. Was so tempted.. :razz:

Welcome, as for your question, these trucks do shake, rattle and roll different amounts and for different reasons. It could be as simple as tire pressure, but there was a thread on prop shaft flange bolts being loose.
Your best bet is to read past threads and the TMs.
Good luck & enjoy your truck.

Barrman

Welcome to the fun.

I have family in your town. Rather I should write that my wife has lots of family in your town. My father in law who is sleeping/watching the Cowboys game as I type this was born there as well.

reloader64

Welcome to the site, and the hobby. There are several of us in the Liberty Hill/Cedar Park/Round Rock/Pflugerville/Austin area. If you want to see a whole herd of motorheads, see lonestar-mvpa.org. We would love to have you in the club.

Scott

jackson76550

thanks, ill check that site out

did a bit of research....the truck i got out of colorado....came out of texas a few months ago, found it on gl :roll: haha.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard!

You would be welcome in the LSMVPA. Several years ago the guys referred to it as the jeep club, because most of them had smaller vehicles. Sarge was the lone weirdo with his "huge" Deuce. When I showed up with the Unimog, they thought it was a big truck. Then I drove up in the M813 one day!
Over the years the ratio slowly shifted to heavier. For the Veteran's Day parade we fielded 21 vehicles, fully half were 2.5 ton or over.

We have a Christmas parade in Liberty Hill on December 6th at 2pm if you fancy a short road trip to come play. It is a short one, but fun.

Cheers

Last edited:

jackson76550

Welcome aboard!

You would be welcome in the LSMVPA. Several years ago the guys referred to it as the jeep club, because most of them had smaller vehicles. Sarge was the lone weirdo with his "huge" Deuce. When I showed up with the Unimog, they thought it was a big truck. Then I drove up in the M813 one day!
Over the years the ratio slowly shifted to heavier. For the Veteran's Day parade we fielded 21 vehicles, fully half were 2.5 ton or over.

We have a Christmas parade in Liberty Hill on December 6th at 2pm if you fancy a short road trip to come play. It is a short one, but fun.

Cheers
some more details on the parade? i might be able to check that out

LibTimothy

Hi Jackson,

I'm over in Salado, TX. I have a pinzgauer so I am the oddball in the area.

We need to get together and have a central Texas picnic and truck show and tell.

Timothy

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Regarding the LSMVPA...
How far west do the club's tentacles stretch? Is there anyone enrolled as far out as San Angelo (or further)? I've contacted the MVPA to see if their records show any members "nearby", but so far, no response.
I'm intersted in membership in one or more of the MVPA's, but trying to find the "nearest" or most active, etc, is proving to be elusive.
Thank for any help.
John

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks